Barn Cams

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coopermini

Reaction score
Went to Radio Shack today after many said they had good luck with camera systems from there. Problem I found is apparently our local store couldn't find what we were looking for as Radio Shack may be changing some of what they carry.

Does some one have model # of a system with a Quad screen monitor and 4 cameras that is color and has IR for night. It could be Hard wired or wireless but that would need to work with a metal roof and barn is 150' from where monitor would be.

Also went to Sam's Club later. They have a couple Quad systems that are hard wired. One was with 21" flat screen monitor for $600. Other was 17" monitor that was $300. They were Samsung Brand. Has anyone used one of these?

Thanks

Mark

I have a Radio Shack wireless surveilance(sp) system. 2.4 G black and white. I checked the box, it has a number on the corner: 49-2534. I only paid $99 for it and it works great. Our barn is about 150 ft away from the house and has a metal roof ....and ....the horses are on the ground level (underground from the house) as the house is up the hill, so I was impressed that it worked through the ground, and a stone wall . Can you picture what I'm saying, our property is all downhill
rolleyes.gif
I bought a second camera so I could watch 2 mares in foal. Hope that helped.
wink.gif

I just ordered aX10 low lite wireless camera , 119.00 free shipping...havent gotten it yet.. can't wait to try it...it's at X10.com

lilnickers said:
I have a Radio Shack wireless surveilance(sp) system. 2.4 G black and white. I checked the box, it has a number on the corner:  49-2534. I only paid $99 for it and it works great. Our barn is about 150 ft away from the house and has a metal roof ....and ....the horses are on the ground level (underground from the house) as the house is up the hill, so I was impressed that it worked through the ground, and a stone wall . Can you picture what I'm saying, our property is all downhill
rolleyes.gif
I bought a second camera so I could watch 2 mares in foal. Hope that helped.
wink.gif

528152[/snapback]

I have several sets of this unit with an extra camera and highly recommend the product. My first set I got for my horse trailer about three years ago. It is great for watching the horses in the trailer as I drive my motorhome to shows. I can always know what is going on in the trailer.

Here is a link to the Radio Shack site. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=search

The set I got this year for monitoring my mare that was in foal. It worked great. I missed the actual foaling but only my a matter of minutes.

Extra cameras are available for $34.97 and I think the monitor handles four cameras up to a distance of 300 feet.

I bought mine on Ebay...they have a lot of serveillance stuff on there. I bought a 2.4GHz wireless baby monitor, RF-Link. Its supposed to work up to 300 feet going through things...and 700 some feet with a straight line of sight.

I checked mine out a few days ago and it works through my metal barn into my house. The only thing I had trouble with is our DirecTV....it interferes somewhat depending on what room the TV is in. Mine is wireless though....and I can still see perfectly fine all the things I need to see. It supposed to be good at night..but, I found that in no light whatsoever all your going to see is black...in some light you might see things moving around..but that was about it....so, if you were to use it for surveillance all night..you'd have to either keep a light on, or buyba small light to put by it. Great buy for less than $50.00 though!

I asked the same question about a year ago....and thanks to this group, I spent $40 or so on a camera from Harbor Freight Tools. It was a wired system, only had I think 75' of wire, but that's all we needed. Didn't come with a monitor, I just hooked it up to a VCR and TV. It wasn't the greatest on the cold nights, but still was ok. The sound was crystal clear, and normally the picture was awesome too. (again, on real cold nights it was a little darker). But I had NO complaints considering what I paid for it....and again, the sound was WONDERFUL! Slept in front of that camera for three weeks....then she had her foal at 7:30 one morning....

It sounds like you need something more than this, with more cameras, etc....we only needed one camera. But I'm posting this for someone else who might read it and be interested....it was from this very group that I learned about it...and was very happy with my cheap purchase!

We have a comany here in WI ( www.barncam.com or www. barncams.com I think, and they have very nice camera set ups. They are a little pricier...but perhaps worth looking into! They are from saddlebrook Appaloosas, I believe.

Angie

Barncams.com is an awesome site. They have quality equipment and yes, it is pricey, but they stand behind everything they sell with absolutely no questions asked. They'll walk you through setup via phone or email and I highly recommend them.
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back