baby bump/bumps.....?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant wait for the pics
default_smile.png

It might be around a half hour. Gotta wait for my moms phone. Mine does really low quality pics. And it has no internet. She keeps saying I need to upgrade. But I love my phone never had any problems. Also I rarely use my phone. Like weeks at a time lol

Very difficult to get those pics. She was cranky and would not stand still. Also she has taken a random interest in her salt block. I never see her using it. But she was still licking it when I left.

She's due on the 27th. But my uncle( vet) said less than two weeks from easter Sunday. He thinks very soon. But her bag isn't full. It does feel warm like I can feel heat radiating off of it. Could that mean its filling?

Oh Rebecca I'm so excited for you! Sorry I'm not help but if she does foal soon I'm wishing you and her the best! Safe foaling!

Almost a guarantee she will finish filling at foaling, so don't worry. She looks like she could go after a few good rolls to finish lining that baby up! So I'd be watching her very closely. This could be it very soon..... if she's good to us, especially if she's exhibiting some odd behavior !!! Make sure she has some outside time, as exercise and room to roll is important in helping these ladies position their little ones just perfectly.

Praying for an uneventful and safe foaling for you. We're very anxious to read of you happy news!!

Last edited:
I'm very sorry everyone she decided not to foal last night. Her vulva went back to the normal pink salmony color. Her belly looks a little different. And the funny thing is, it was prime foaling time last night. We had the first thunderstorms of the season. And its still going. I look like a drowned rat,since I just fed lol. Her bag seems firmer but not changed in shape...if that makes any sense? Has anyone seen a made get a red vulva like that before and then poof its gone???..

*mare

Yes! Summer did that too, she would get red then it was gone. She did that for a week before she foaled and then she when she foaled she was not even red, just normal color :-/

Lol Kim. And apparently the weather is just an appetizer for this afternoon! Its going to be crazy they are saying. Calfe is inside for the day. Just because its been on and off down poor's.

Mindy- that makes me feel sooooooooo much better.
default_smile.png

Thanks Jessie
default_smile.png
I hope she goes soon. I'm watching everyone else and there mares shenanigans. I hope she goes the quick and uneventful route
default_smile.png

We just had those crazy storms yesterday and the day before. I was dreading my mare would foal during them just because I was so sick and going out to the barn was a horrible experience for those not feeling like standing upright! My teenage son was doing most of the foal checks for me the past week!

Good to know your feeling better. I hope that flu didn't hitch a ride with those storms :p . if I ever have kids I hope they will be that gracious
default_smile.png

Reactions: KLM
This back and forth red can be quite normal for those mares that are really trying to be confusing. I think they do it for fun just to confuse us. But she's at the point when she's likely ready to go, but will choose her time.... rather than be nice to us and letting us know in advance. Just do your best to watch carefully, as I know you are!!!

Latest posts

Back