Ari is growing up!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watcheye

Reaction score
Well little Aramis is getting so big. At least he thinks he is! I just adore him. He is such a fun little guy.
default_wub.png
Wendy and I took him out the other day and snapped a few pics of him. I would like to take this moment to thank Wendy for her horse photo shoot assistance!
default_aktion033.gif
We would have taken more but my camera battery died
default_frusty.gif

Question: What side of his neck should I let his mane grow on. We were thinking that we should try to keep it off of the side with the white streaking up his neck (you know, the side it is trying to grow on? lol), but I just wasnt sure what would look better. He does have a spot on the other side if I want to get silly and fussy. What would look more balanced? Im just not sure.

DSC03474.jpg

Hes not all about the halter and lead yet so we had all kinds of fun trying to get him into position
default_rolleyes.gif

DSC03470.jpg

took some like this too. As I recall, someone said that AMHR wants them this way?

DSC03472.jpg

Checking out what the girls are up to

DSC03477.jpg

He decided to stretch with Wendy

DSC03481.jpg

One with me

DSC03484.jpg

Well there you have it! My little man!
default_wub.png

Hes adorable! If I were able to pick a side for his mane, I would go with his left.

Oh gosh is he cute!! You two look so sweet together.
default_yes.gif

Mane--I've had a horse whose mane grew to the left and it was a pain because it'd be in the way when leading--that's the only reason I'd go to the right. I wouldn't base it on color--but convenience.
default_yes.gif

Katie - He's gorgeous!!!! I have no thoughts on mane since all my horseshowing days were back in hunter world, where all manes fall on the right side. So now I"m wondering why all my mini's manes fall on the left side??????

Ya know, typically the mane is put on the right to look cleaner when entering the ring but with his color I think it would look better on the left. Fat lotta help I am, huh?
default_laugh.png

Leia

He is a doll
default_smile.png
wub.gif

Of our 4 girls, 3 have manes that fall on their right side. One yearling falls to her left. I'm leaving it alone for now.

Latest posts

Back