Any dapple fans?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
Mazie has a coat like a lamb--so she got clipped--again. I kept it on the longest blade because we're not having a warm summer (yeah!!)--it's in the 50s at night many times.

I love love love dapples.
default_wub.png

I got her belly tonight and evened more out--after the pics.

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

She has stripes, too!
default_laugh.png

IMG_1263.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Yvonne... she's such a love bug--but she's also adventurous! The folks from Quail Summit are coming Wednesday, so I decided to take Mazie out of the pasture for a walk to get her used to new things. She was scared of nothing! Usually the different colors/textures underfoot cause some to be wary--but she pranced right over everything without a second glance. She went right beside big trucks, under stairs, up to the rabbits in their cages...nothing scared her. Tomorrow Tucker will get a turn. Maize and I like having everyone tucked in and heading out for a journey.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks, Matt!!
default_smile.png

Her dapples are beautiful. Wonder if they will get more intense as she gets older?

She's a doll

I love silver dapples
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

On the ones I have, their dapples are much more intense right after a clip -- like big star bursts all over them. For showing, I have aimed to clip the silvers like the day before (or night before, when time gets in the way!) the show
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

When it comes to silvers, people either love the color or not at all. I for one love it and in all its variations
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

I have both a silver dapple and a buckskin dapple. They both are just stunning!

Latest posts

Back