Another rescue!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy appy

Reaction score
I bought her at a farm auction. There was other livestock there and everyone else looked OK. She has foundered, has bad heaves, under weight and was turned out with a stallion. They have sat in a field for over a year with no care or handling. Pryer to that she had been the farmers driving mini. He bought the stallion, weanling colt at the time to make a driving pair. They were promoting her at the auction as broke to ride and drive. She could barely walk. It just makes me sick what these people have been doing to her.

Aug212010003.jpg

Aug212010001.jpg

Aug212010004.jpg

Aug212010005.jpg

poor little lady- those feet
sad.gif
Im glad shes in safe hands now
aktion033.gif

So glad she is with you!!!! Thanks for giving her a chance!

Barbie

Oh dear, look at those feet. Going to take awhile to get them back to a decent shape. So glad you took her home and can help her through to good times.

amanda

saludando.gif
Poor little thing, how anyone can be so cruel ,,Thank god shes in good hands now

Good on you
aktion033.gif

Yesterday we had to put Bounty to rest. She was so sore and in pain that the vet said we had no choice. She had full rotation and the latest xrays showed separation. He coffin bone had come through the bottom of her sole. I feel so sad for her but at least I know that I did everything possible to try and save her.

I am so so sorry you had to put her down. Once they get that far there is just no going back. Thank you so much for ending her pain.

Wish I could give you a big hug

\

Kay

RIP Bounty!!! Know that you were so loved and cared for in your last months.

Thanks for giving her the love she needed. Now she is running pain free in green pastures over the Rainbow Bridge!

((((HUGS))))

Barbie

God Bless you for giving this little gal a chance,we do the best we can and you did the right thing. It breaks my heart how some people can treat animals but it warms my heart and gives me hope when I hear of people like you. I'm truely sorry for your loss
default_sad.png

I bought her at a farm auction. There was other livestock there and everyone else looked OK. She has foundered, has bad heaves, under weight and was turned out with a stallion. They have sat in a field for over a year with no care or handling. Pryer to that she had been the farmers driving mini. He bought the stallion, weanling colt at the time to make a driving pair. They were promoting her at the auction as broke to ride and drive. She could barely walk. It just makes me sick what these people have been doing to her.

Aug212010003.jpg

Aug212010001.jpg

Aug212010004.jpg

Aug212010005.jpg
I am sorry you lost her, you are a wonderful person to give her a chance to overcome years of neglect. I know what it is like to "adopt or rescue". About 4 years ago I wanted a horse so bad but really could not afford one at the time, I heard these people were needing to find a good home for their horses. Well now I have a regular size horse that like your little Bounty is suffering from Founder, I know it is just a matter of time before I have to make the same decision that you had to make. I just hope that over the last 4 years she has enjoyed the love and attention. I recently "adopted" 4 miniatures, three mares are with foal. I am not sure yet if they suffer from Founder but I do know that they were not given the kind of care they should have been, they seem to be getting healthier, I hope. God Bless you for your kindness and my thoughts go out to you!

Bless you for doing all you could. Godspeed pretty girl.

I'm so glad you were there for her and were able to humanely put an end to her suffering. God Bless you. It's so sad to see when these lovely animals aren't cared for.

I just want to cry when I see pictures like these.
no.gif

Thanks for doing this for her! I wish I had the resources so I could do the same.

So sorry to read that after all your efforts you lost your little mare. At least you were able to rescue her from a horrid past and probably a worse future, and she knew love and comfort during these last months, bless her.

RIP little Bounty, you leave behind folks who will miss you very much.

Anna

I know your heart must be broken, but thank you so much for giving that sweet mare the loving last days she deserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry you couldn't save her.......I saw her eyes in your photos, so I'm not shocked, just sorry. You did what you could for her and you can bet she knows. Bless you.
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back