Another foal for Bit-O-Blue

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
Jazz finally foaled at day 356 and a black pinto with blue eyes and solid bay gave me a solid chestnut filly. (chances of that are 1.56%)

She has a lot of white on her face-- I'd say bald?- and one blue eye. Looks like she has 4 white legs but I haven't confirmed.

Her name is Eternity.

eternity_5947.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tracey-- You can bring her to my house!!! You dont want a plain chestnut--right?? LOL Nice babies this year!!

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Cute filly. Mare sure are going late this year. I had one foal at 362 and now have another that looks to be going arounf 350.

By the way, I believe that a solid sorrel filly out of a black pinto mare (heterozygous for both black and pinto) and solid bay stallion (heterozygous for black) would be 12.5% chance. 25% to be red and 50% of those are solid.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a gorgeous girl and she looks be a lovely shade of chestnut too. More pics though and definately want to see that pretty face.

By the way, I believe that a solid sorrel filly out of a black pinto mare (heterozygous for both black and pinto) and solid bay stallion (heterozygous for black) would be 12.5% chance. 25% to be red and 50% of those are solid.
This was her first foal, and I believe she carries 2 different pinto genes. Now that I know she is heterozygous for black the chances do show 12.5%. Without that knowledge, I was expecting a black based foal. AND I hadn't entered the fact that the stallion is heterozygous for black-- he has produced red foals.

I have a pinto mare that has given me 3 solid black foals when bred to different stallions and this year she gave me a bay pinto filly. I was shocked to see a white foot-- I was so SURE it would be black.

I'm going to go play with the color calculator again cuz I have 2 more foals. :)

Color Calculator

Latest posts

Back