Annual Holstein Parade

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiLo Minis

Reaction score
Every year the tiny town of Holstein Ontario hosts an all animal, no motorized vehicles parade at Christmas time. Everyone meets up at the township building where they serve up chili, hotdogs, coffee and hot chocolate to the participants and we all prepare to go.

Holstein10send.jpg

SHolstein9.jpg

This year there were quite a few Minis in the parade. Yvonne (twister) from the forum was there with her daughter and 2 horses,

SYvonne.jpg

and Bob (diesel doctor) with his two

SBob.jpg

myself, (MiLo Minis) with Dream,

SLori.jpg

as well as a few other friends from the MHCO

SHolstein3.jpg

There were mostly horses and dogs this year and a huge assortment of breeds of both!

Included were a lovely unicorn hitch of Welsh Ponies

SWelsh.jpg

along with many heavies and riding horses.

There were a few large dogs pulling carts or sleds loaded with presents or being walked and one very cute little hitch with a huge Labrador pulling a sled with a tiny live dog on it that stayed quite comfortably for the whole parade! I didn't get a picture of that one
default_sad.png

Sdog2.jpg

Sdog.jpg

I gave my camera to a friend that was watching the parade and she took these pictures

of myself and my daughter Mickey, driving Dream.

SDream.jpg

and my sister Dale walking with a friend and our little Maple Mountain Splash of Maple

SMable.jpg

As you can tell by the way we are all bundled up it was bitterly cold but a clear beautiful winter's day and we, as always, had lots of fun! What makes it such a nice parade is the whole town gets right into it and everyone is soooo cheerful and full of Christmas spirit!!!

ALL ANIMALS! What a fun event for spectators!!The only bad thing about being IN the parade is you don't get to see it.
I know! I have always wanted to get a picture of Santa being pulled by the BIGGEST reindeer you have ever seen!!! (Clydesdales) and I can't because they don't bring him out till the very end and I can't get unhitched fast enough to catch him at the end of it all.
default_sad.png

Lori You look great, as I said in my post I didn't get many pics bacause of Lilly being so feisty
default_laugh.png
The chilli was great, I had 2 helpings. If I could figure out how to post the pics that Alex sent me I would but I'll have to wait until she gets back.

Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne

Latest posts

Back