Amusement Parks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
OK, other than Disneyland/Disneyworld, what amusement parks have you been to and which one do you think is the best? I have vacation coming up and I want to possibly go to someplace with an amusement park I haven't been to before...with GOOD rides (meaning those that really get your adrenaline pumping! :new_shocked: :bgrin :aktion033: ) Coaster rides are my favorite, but I also like those that shoot you up (or down) really fast....
default_yes.gif
:

I will be watching this thread closely because our annual RV trip is coming up in a month when I take four kids (one teenager) and they ALWAYS want to find the amusement parks. We have hit a number of them in California and Knotts Berry Farm is probably my favorite because it has some adrenaline pumping rides without the long lines, a big plus in my book. And the home of the Silver Bullet, the best heart pumping ride without the stomach drops of a rollercoaster (another big plus). You sit in the seat and your feet dangle while you ride below the track through a bunch of corkscrews that take you upside down. Whee!!

Another of mine and the kids' favorites is Silverwood Theme Park in Northern Idaho just north of Coeur d' alene (lines are smaller there too). Home of two big wooden rollercoasters, water rides, water park and the "shoot you up, drop you down fast" kind of ride. :new_shocked: The kids love it and if you take an RV you can stay in the wooded RV park across the street from the park. Perfect for a quick trip "home" on aching feet.
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Six Flags Over Texas comes to mind. Here in Oklahoma City, we have Frontier City, a western theme park. Pretty good rides there too!

Hey Linda, if you love coasters, Magic Mountain in Southern California is almost nothing but coasters. Great America is good too and that is here in Santa Clara, CA. They have a lot of different rides and planty of roller coasters too. Here is the link adn you can check out the rides online. Great America

I LOVE Magic Mountain in S. CA also...we've been there quite a few times. The last time we went to Vegas we rented a car so we could go over there for the day even
default_wacko.png
: I'd suggest going on a week day though...the lines can be pretty long on weekends!

Tracy

I live almost right by Cedar Point here in northwestern Ohio. I actually worked there for a couple months a few years ago between school in the summer.

I think they are allot of fun, i dont do rollar coasters ...i am a wuss. Its fun though to go and walk around and see everything, i have just as much fun watching my friends on the rides from the ground
default_smile.png
. I do ride the water rides though, those i love! They have a ride called 'white water rafting' which i could ride all day long, its nice on those really hot days there bc you get soaked and its tons of fun.

Every year around halloween they have this week called 'halloweekends' and they decorate everyhing halloween theme and have haunted houses, things like that. I get a season pass just for that week lol.

www.cedarpoint.com is the website i think. Its right off the bay of lake erie and has a beach.

The Wisconsin Dells was always my favorite place to go when I was little. We always stayed at the Yogi Bear Campgrounds. They have waterparks and themeparks up there!

I will be watching this thread closely because our annual RV trip is coming up in a month when I take four kids (one teenager) and they ALWAYS want to find the amusement parks. We have hit a number of them in California and Knotts Berry Farm is probably my favorite because it has some adrenaline pumping rides without the long lines, a big plus in my book. And the home of the Silver Bullet, the best heart pumping ride without the stomach drops of a rollercoaster (another big plus). You sit in the seat and your feet dangle while you ride below the track through a bunch of corkscrews that take you upside down. Whee!!

Another of mine and the kids' favorites is Silverwood Theme Park in Northern Idaho just north of Coeur d' alene (lines are smaller there too). Home of two big wooden rollercoasters, water rides, water park and the "shoot you up, drop you down fast" kind of ride. :new_shocked: The kids love it and if you take an RV you can stay in the wooded RV park across the street from the park. Perfect for a quick trip "home" on aching feet.
default_wink.png
:
Debra, thanks for mentioning Silverwood! I checked out their site and it looks like fun! Not "too far" away either...the only "bad" part is that in September, they are only open on weekends and the water park isnt open after Labor day...so I may wait on that park, but definitely plan on going there sometime next summer!
default_yes.gif
:

The other parks people mentioned...it's been at least 20 yrs since I've been to Great America in CA...at least 15 yrs since I was at Six Flags Over Texas...and 7 yrs since I've been to Knotts Berry Farm!! All were awesome when I was there, but I'm sure they are even better now!!

How far is Frontier City in OKC from Tulsa?? I thought about going there IF I went to Nationals to watch this year...hmmm...

[SIZE=12pt]HERSHEYPARK of course!!!! Come visit us on the east coast!! Hersheypark is located in Hershey PA just 10 minutes from Harrisburg. There is pleanty to do!! Lots of roller coasters and of course you can take a ride that shows how hershey candy is made and you get a treat at the end!! Yum!
default_yes.gif
: [/SIZE]

The park is huge! I think about 10 coasters, a new water park this year, rides for the kids, lots of little shops. And it's close to other destinations such as Gettysburg which is only about 35 min away.

Whereever you decide to go, HAVE FUN!!!!

[SIZE=12pt]HERSHEYPARK of course!!!! Come visit us on the east coast!! Hersheypark is located in Hershey PA just 10 minutes from Harrisburg. There is pleanty to do!! Lots of roller coasters and of course you can take a ride that shows how hershey candy is made and you get a treat at the end!! Yum!
default_yes.gif
: [/SIZE]

The park is huge! I think about 10 coasters, a new water park this year, rides for the kids, lots of little shops. And it's close to other destinations such as Gettysburg which is only about 35 min away.

Whereever you decide to go, HAVE FUN!!!!
Ok, I want to go there!!! I hear the chocolate calling me now...Mmmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
Linda

Oklahoma City is about 2 to 2 1/2 hours from Tulsa. Not a bad drive at all. Hope to see you in Tulsa.

Latest posts

Back