AMHR/ASPC registration question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHoofBeats

Reaction score
Do both dam and sire HAVE to be ASPC registered to register a horse?? I was going to look into registering my stallion so he is AMHR/ASPC but on the registration form it is asking for the name and ASPC registration #'s of both dam and sire....help!! Thanks =)

Yes, both sire AND dam must be ASPC registered for the foal to be.

Andrea

i always tell people like this. YOu can hardship a shetland into amhr but you cannot hardship a miniature into aspc. Keep in mind that shetlands are a bloodline and miniatures are a height registry

Oooohhhhh ok I didn't know that =) Thanks for clearing that up! Is there any other registry I can get an AMHR horse into besides the World Class?? Just looking for a double registry here but if it's not possible that's ok, i'd rather know now than be wondering later lol!

Thanks!

You can register World Class (hardship) and Pinto Horse Assoc. (if pinto colored) but other than that there's nothing wrong with an AMHR only horse...

Andrea

I know there's nothing wrong with AMHR only =) I love B horses, just was seeking out the possibilities!

Ok here's a new question, on the AMHR registration form it asks for the "Owners" name...which would be me...but then it says "(Person owning dam at time of foaling)" but I didn't own the dam...so would I still put down my name or do I have to get the previous owner to sign this form where the next line down says **Signature of Owner or Authorized Agent** ???

Registration is more confusing than I thought lol

Thanks for any help!

You would put your name in "Owner", the breeder's name in "Person owning dam at time of foaling", and you sign your name on the "Owner/Agent Signature".

Something I told last year, phoned and found out from AMHR

That an AMHR horse and Pony can breed, as long as one is AMHR.

Can have that foal registered Show Pony Registry.

I thought was interesting. :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back