AMHA Reg & transfer questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:DOH! I bought a mare who will be 8 (I believe) this year, however I noticed on her papers that she is not permanently registered with AMHA yet, is that going to cause any ill effects if i try to perm register her? It also doesn't appear that she is transfered into the woman's name that I bought her from (and I'm not sure if she has been kept UTD on transfers before that, but I'll assume that she has). Also, how do you go about their height for perm. registration? I know they can't be any taller than 34" but i assume they want something better than the owner measuring the horse? How dificult is this going to be for me to get squared away? I am fairly new to dealing with miniature horse registries so am not familiar with how their rules/regulations are.
default_yes.gif
Thanks in advance
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
To transfer the horse into your name, you will need a transfer certificate signed by the owner of record on the certificate. You may have to track that person down if the seller you bought from didn't transfer the mare into her name. To take her permanent after the papers expired at age 5, the fee is $50. The owner can do the measuring.

Latest posts

Back