All Star Points

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathy_H

Reaction score
First of all, Lee & I do not understand the importance of the All Star & Hall of Fame points. I told him they must mean something if they are being recorded.................... In viewing the results of our 2 year old colt we see that he did not receive all of his placings. In this class Tanchico was the only one in it so he won Junior & Grand Champion (did I say that right?)? Would he not get more points if recorded correctly........................................ Since we plan on selling him, is this important enough to bother to correct or is it too late? ................... As stated he was the only one in that class so no big whoopee but the accumulation is what matters I guess???? In his first year showing he received 978 All Star & 24 Hall of Fame but we don't know what that means.
ohmy.gif
wacko.gif

Area 3 National Show on 7-14-05

Buckeye WCF Tanchico 153155

Class number - 251

Class Name - Foundation Classic Yearling Stallion 41' & Under

Placing 1

All Star 90

Hall of Fame 3

Last edited by a moderator:
I would most certainly call the office and make sure the Jr. and Grand classes are properly recorded. Right now they may not mean much but in the future they could make a difference to his new owner. They may or may not catch the fact they missed them when the do the final point tabulation so you are better off getting a jump on it now. One of the shows my kids showed in the results are missing from the Lead Line class. The missing points make the difference in Abby being Reserve Champion All Star and 3rd place and since this was her last year in the class it's a big deal to us.

Basically All Star points are a trailer race - he who spends the most money getting to the most shows wins. Hall of Fame points on the other hand show a horse can consistently perform against competition - you can't get your Hall of Fame without those 5 Grand Championships with competition.

we have found a lot of errors in patches show record but im not sure i have the energy to correct them. Her record is missing an entire show! the only reason it upset me was because she came in 2nd in liberty all stars and i feel sure if the other show had been counted she would have been first.

I dont agree that all stars is a trailer race. we dont show in that many shows and patches made all stars both years she showed. Now i do keep in mind that there werent many mares showing in her division which is pretty much why we quit showing her. I do think it is much harder to make all star in the miniatures as there is much more competition.

kay

Hi Cathy,

I pulled back through two topics that I posted to on the Mini board that you might want to go read....

Topic: Please Help!

Topic: ASPC/AMHR All-Star Year End Awards...Close December 1st

I posted the points system for everyone from the rulebook.

All-Stars is just a point system for the current show year. If I were looking to buy a mini or pony I would be more interested in the Hall of Fame. That system tells you more of how that mini/pony is doing in the show ring. If it's taking longer for them to achieve their Hall of Fame points in Halter, then maybe they are not Halter material.

If that mini/pony is consistantly winning as a yearling (could win all 5 of their Grand Championships in their yearling year) then you have a pretty good chance of finishing them out as a two year old. They must win at least one Grand Championship from their second birthday and older before they are given their Hall of Fame. How do I know? I have two on my show string right now that have won almost all of their Grand Championships as a yearling so now I must win that one Grand Championship as a two year old before I can get their Hall of Fame in 2006.

The other big thing that people seem to forget.....YOU MUST HAVE COMPETITION IN YOUR GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP CLASS. No more single horse earning their Hall of Fame points. You will get your All-Star but not Hall of Fame.

If that mini/pony Hall of Fame is incorrect, then by all means get it corrected now, but the office may ask you to get with the Show Manager of the show in question to have them look at the results.

Karen Shaw

I have had some shows corrected and yes it is kind of a pain as I did have to go through the show manager and have them send in an amended record but it is worth it if you are chasing HOF points. Even All Star points if you are in the top ten is worth getting fixed as it is a note of recognition for your horse and farm.

Latest posts

Back