A painting I just finished...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabby-Chicken

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt] My husband and I both paint. We try to always enter something in the state fair, because the competition is so tough, it makes it fun to get accepted. My husband will paint every weekend and all the time. I will only paint if I have an art show coming up. The horses keep me too busy, and I am lazy about it! I finished this yesterday, we made a frame for it, and took it to the show today.[/SIZE]

Anyway,,, I had a big canvas, 30 X 40"s and thought that I would take a crack at painting a mini. This is one of my favorite minis, she is not beautiful but she is special to me. :bgrin Thanks for letting me share, Nootka said I should!
AthenaAndPainting.jpg

That's lovely, you should do well- you should pin the photo to the painting!!

You might have been a little kinder to her tummy, though, you are allowed a little "poetic license"
default_rolleyes.gif
: :lol:

The painting and the subject herself are both BEAUTIFUL!!!!

You have a great talent! I envy your abilities!!!

default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, is there any woman, be she human or horse, more glowing and lovely than with child/foal? You captured her inside radiance and her charm. THAT is a wonderful painting! You have amazing talent. Do you ever paint on commission?

default_wub.png
: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
:

If ONLY, I could do that. WOW.

So, DO you take commission work?????????

Wow - that is absolutely beautiful!!! I love your use of colors, the way you have her saturated with soft filtered light -- very nice!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Liz R.

You do amazing work! That is a talent that I so wished I had.

By the way... your mare is beautiful.

Oh Kim...what beautiful work you do!!! I had no idea you painted and that's an understatement...you truly capture your subject! When I look at that painting, I feel a sense of serenity and warmth.

Wow that's beautiful!

I love how luminous it is, and even though she's not quite posing the same, it definitely captures her personality.

I told you before I love it and it's wonderful. I really admire your talent!

:D

:aktion033:

Liz

[SIZE=14pt] Thank you all so much...
default_wub.png
: You are very kind to me. [/SIZE]

I haven't done any commissions since I don't have a lot of time to paint, and when I do I pretty much go with my gut what I am going to paint.

AND Liz,,,, you are better at painting horses than I am!!! NO doubt!

Thanks again everyone!!!!

Kim, Kim, Kim, there's no "better" about it...it's just different is all. I love the emotion or personality captured in this and you are very good at it.

I guess it's because you love her so much. I like the portrait of Monkey, too!

It's super awesome, and I love the old stuff you have lying around, too. (Pity that it's hidden in the garage! *LOL*)

L.

:new_shocked: Wow! Beautiful!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back