Barracuda Hoof Nippers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love mine! I've done a couple big horses and went though the whole herd (20). They are so far great, they haven't got dull for me at all.

These look like a great itm to add to my list of things to buy with my tax return money...thanbks! jennifer
default_saludando.gif

I just want to say IF they took online orders or PayPal, I'd have ordered mine back in November. I'm just amazingly lazy about physically writing a check, drafting a cover letter, etc. If I could have ordered these with a few clicks on my laptop, it would have been taken care of months ago. I've wanted these a long time but just never "thought" of it when I was in the mood to do all that hard work
ashamed0005.gif

Ok Im geting ready to order mine could you guys tell me which blades you orderd with them? Thanks you so much.

HI all, I want a set of these too but agree with the comment above. I am in New Zealand and as they don't accept credit cards or pay pal, makes it much more difficult to order a set. I can't send a personal New Zealand cheque and is much more expensive the other ways of paying. I have now ordered a set of GE Nippers 12" as I could get them very easily via credit card. Still want a pair of these too though!

Sandra

Very awsome, Mona!

They look real nice!
default_yes.gif

Ok Im geting ready to order mine could you guys tell me which blades you orderd with them? Thanks you so much.
They come with a set of blades. Another member, Hahler, said on another thread hers had done 2,500 head without needing replacement! There's only one type of blade to choose from from what I understood, just a replacement to the ones that come on them for $20 + $5 shipping, I think. I did not order a replacement set simply because I thought by the time I needed them, I would have misplaced them (too disorganized).

You have to pay by check and mail it??????????
default_new_shocked.gif
I don't think I've written 5 checks in 2 yrs.

Wow, guess that means I won't order them today
default_biggrin.png

I know... My hands still got writer's cramp from writing my check and signing my letter
default_biggrin.png

Ours came today and we just got in from trimming DunIT, Flirt and Klassy. They really go through the hoof well. It takes a little practice (per H) to get used to holding them but they work VERY well and we are happy to have them
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

[SIZE=14pt]I've had the Barracuda Nippers for some time now!
default_rolleyes.gif
I just finished trimming 34 horses with mine in the past few days and I love them! They make the job of trimming much easier! They are so precise you can trim a peice of hoof off as thin as paper if needed!
default_yes.gif
I'd say they are 10 times easier and better than the old fashion nippers![/SIZE]

Bill

The designer and company that makes these nippers is 2 hours from me. I went and picked mine up a few months ago and we absolutely LOVE them. In fact I posted in Nov about them in this thread and also posted a few video clips of our first time using them. The company is quite new and are still working out the ordering details of how they want to go. Believe me, write the check and your note and send it off. If you are out of country, get a US money order at the current rate of exchange if possible. I know Canada can do this, not sure about others. The few minutes you spend on doing this will be well worth it.

The designer and company that makes these nippers is 2 hours from me. I went and picked mine up a few months ago and we absolutely LOVE them. In fact I posted in Nov about them in this thread and also posted a few video clips of our first time using them. The company is quite new and are still working out the ordering details of how they want to go. Believe me, write the check and your note and send it off. If you are out of country, get a US money order at the current rate of exchange if possible. I know Canada can do this, not sure about others. The few minutes you spend on doing this will be well worth it.
I agree!!! And I remember your pictures and videos and they are very helpful. These nippers are awesome. I think we will be using these kind for as long as we are trimming horses
default_yes.gif

I am learning how to trim the minis and I thought I would bring this thread back up to see if there are more people out there who have tried these nippers. I am curious how everybody likes them after using them for awhile. I havn't actually trimmed any yet, but watching him trim makes me wonder if I will have the strength to use the nippers. Do these nippers really take less strength to use? I hope to get to actually work on a horse later this week and find out if I can do it or not!

Can someone post the mailing address to order a set of these???? Thanks...

I don't have the physical address anymore but this is the email address (you could email and ask -- plus to be sure they're still selling them):

[email protected]

I love mine!!!

We got ours quite a while ago and I love them.

At the time I ordered two sets because I was sure there would be one of our Mini horse friends interested.

We did quickly sell the other set but the gentleman was used to his farrier work with his old nippers and found the barracudas to be less "user friendly".

He wants to get rid of the set he bought from me and I directed another person to him but don't know how he made out.

If he didn't get them sold I know others who are interested so he can p.m. me.

Latest posts

Back