L'il Beginnings Hall of Fame

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about Oliver too but he was before my time. Definitely a forum horse though, and so special!

Leia

Another one I'd like to nominate is Mary Lou's Lil Beginning's Ghost Buster, who is part of the LB Logo :bgrin

:aktion033: so hard to pick only 2, my first pick would have to be Gramma Pony, then Helen the filly born without eyes but I feel I know her because of reading the posts about her wonderful personality. I have to add my Jazz because of his warm, loving personality towards children, seniors and other animals, he is so patient when they hang off him
default_wub.png
:

Yvonne

Oh my gosh you guys!!!!!! Timmy says a huge THANK YOU and he's all shy and turning red blushing......

timmyhalloween2-1.jpg

Guessin yall remember when he became incarcerated and went to juvi-jail.......

Busted.jpg

Dang kid cost me a week's pay check to bond him out. I put him in time out for a month.

It is very hard to believe that this little guy and I went through so many trials and tribulations with him growing up. He went from being a cow-tipping, snipe hunting, hubcap stealing redneck to a proud and productive citizen.

Timmy had his meatballs cut off this week and is doing fine. I actually brought them home in a bag. They are on ice in my freezer.
default_yes.gif
: I wanted to put them up on the auction to help raise money for CMHR....... :eek:

ABTimSept3-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Or perhaps this could be the beginning of a forum gelding incentive?

Perhaps you'll start a new fad...instead of Rocky Mountain Oysters, you can start Smoky Mountain Meatballs!

Snork!!!

I'd nominate Raven's Foxy. That was one special, well loved, very dear horse.
default_wub.png
:

Thanks.... It has been almost a year since he died as raven reminds me daily. She has yet to have "that connection" with another horse and I told her honestly you may never sometimes there is that one that is truly a soul mate

I have never been so grateful to anyone as I am to that little horse who took care of Raven from the time she was a toddler and brought her all the way thru Nationals

and for those that thought about Sadie thank you she is another one who truly changed my life forever and the way I look at things

I have a question. I know this is on the miniature horse forum, but can I nominate iluvwalkers (Nikki's) Petunia? She is one that sticks out in all of our minds.. And what she has been threw, I think she deserves some kind of honor. If I can't with Petunia, well there are so many..Helen, the blind mini. She is just so special.
default_wub.png
: And also minwhinny's Twoie. These girls are special. Twoie and Petunia got sick the same time as did my Posie. So, I do think of them often..

There are so many, and I agree with all that have been nominated so far. But my first would have to be Janell Jensen's Little Bit. His memory lives on through the many, many little horses helped through Little Bit's Magic Shoes, Little Bit's Fund, and the Little Bit's Forum.

Love this one !!!

I would have to nominate Rebecca's

[SIZE=12pt]Treherns "Dove"[/SIZE]

That sweet little baby who was born so early she had no hair and

her eyes where still closed.

All that and to have surivived is one thing but to be healthy and happy

and not a dwarf is a blessing because we shall have her with us for

many long years.

Thank you all for remembering Helen and the trauma I felt the morning she was born so much like her father and so very much wanted Only to find that she had no eyes at all and even to be living was a miracle. Most horses with her affliction are also born with no annus and die within hours. The wonderful support you all gave me when I was so undecided about whether to put her down or wait and see what was to happen. She is now a yearling who really needs nore room to roam but has taught everyone who meets her so much about what is possible. She still isnt great on a lead but will follow a whistle almost anywhere though wide open space does still scare her. We have moved her twice to new area and both times been amazed as she mapped her new surroundings and learned to go in and out with no problem. She doesnt run into walls or fences and does very well finding her way. She nickers when any of our family enters the barn and is now trying to hand me her dish just as 6 others in the barn do and I still believe she is a miracle that was given to us for a reason. My Helen Keller "Maine Pride Blinded By the Light"

I have read for years of many many wonderful miniatures that have what I would say deserve Hall of Fame.

But I have to without chagrin nominate my own Aliman Joy's Color me Shammy!

She will have her 18th birthday next April 11th!

If you put her name in the search for this forum, you will see pictures and posts telling about her when I first started looking for that magic Buckskin to be my soul mate..with her former owner she was a show horse, and even was shown by a three yr old .

She had four babies, ALL fillies! Three were Palominos and one sorrel.

When she came to be my lifelong soul mate it changed my life. I have a LOT of health issues. But then came Shammy..she was responsible for me getting up out of the recliner and making myself walk/drive/hobble whatever out to that barn to be with her.

I can take her for a walk down the trails and she adjusts to my pace so I can lean on her to stable myself..

She's so patient with me and when we hitch up and drive I have wings! She is always listening to my every word and when we're done she's never in a big rush to get back to her freedom, just turns those big doe eyes on me saying "Hi mom" "You OK?"

Without SHammy I would have never gotten off the walker or had any zest left for life..she's kept me from giving up.

She can move like then wind one minute and stand quietly for a small, one armed girl to groom and let her sit on safely..she's truly a babysitter.

I'll quit now for your sake but I hope you will consider my Shammy girl.(.know what? In my heart and in my life she's already in life's Hall of Fame
default_wub.png
:

Thanks for reading my long post,

Maxine

If we can "mention" one of our own, I'd like to mention my own Derby / Triple H Derby Day Miracle. Those of you who have been here for years may remember him. I've talked about him and shown his pictures at least as much as those of Destiny and DunIT :bgrin Derby was my first show horse and my first stallion... He is just an all around kind of horse -- halters, jumps, liberty, obstacle, showmanship, driving. Derby sired a son, who is also one of our beloved former show geldings, Skipper. He also had the story of his birth (or, How Derby Got His Name) published in a book edited by Kathy Atchely (his story) Easy to enjoy and love. He is still one of H and my's favorites and am thankful to call him "mine" throughout all his different phases of life so far
default_wub.png
:

WOW, Maxine...if ever there were the perfect answer to the question, "What are they good for," you have it. I had to read your answer to Keith, and I could barely get through it without choking up.

My heart swells with love and happiness hearing how well Shammy does her job. You are right -- she already is in the Hall of Fame.

Thank you for sharing her story with us!

All of these horses we have come to know, not for their show records, but for their owners' devotion to them and for their unique personalities and the way they have touched our lives.
Semi is quite honored to have been remembered.
default_smile.png

I can not EVEN begin to pick one (only)

This place is so special. I would like to nominate all those horses that have such

a special place in their owners heart.. the ones that when you think of the owner,, you think of their horse.

Marty & Timmy, Jill & Dunit, Reo and Spuds, Suzanne and Mingus, Dimimore and her beautiful little mare, that I know she misses so much, Erica and Knocker, Liz & Pyro & Mouse, Raven & Foxy, Kim & Cole,

Lee & Magic Man, Alison & Sid, Stacey & Prince, Viki & Feather, Jonathan & Zorro, Charlotte & Cowboy, Jan & Affirmed Royalty, Rabbit & Rabbit..

I could go on and on...
default_smile.png

~Sandy

I have read for years of many many wonderful miniatures that have what I would say deserve Hall of Fame.

But I have to without chagrin nominate my own Aliman Joy's Color me Shammy!

She will have her 18th birthday next April 11th!

If you put her name in the search for this forum, you will see pictures and posts telling about her when I first started looking for that magic Buckskin to be my soul mate..with her former owner she was a show horse, and even was shown by a three yr old .

She had four babies, ALL fillies! Three were Palominos and one sorrel.

When she came to be my lifelong soul mate it changed my life. I have a LOT of health issues. But then came Shammy..she was responsible for me getting up out of the recliner and making myself walk/drive/hobble whatever out to that barn to be with her.

I can take her for a walk down the trails and she adjusts to my pace so I can lean on her to stable myself..

She's so patient with me and when we hitch up and drive I have wings! She is always listening to my every word and when we're done she's never in a big rush to get back to her freedom, just turns those big doe eyes on me saying "Hi mom" "You OK?"

Without SHammy I would have never gotten off the walker or had any zest left for life..she's kept me from giving up.

She can move like then wind one minute and stand quietly for a small, one armed girl to groom and let her sit on safely..she's truly a babysitter.

I'll quit now for your sake but I hope you will consider my Shammy girl.(.know what? In my heart and in my life she's already in life's Hall of Fame
default_wub.png
:

Thanks for reading my long post,

Maxine
Maxine

Your post brought tears to my eyes, yes your Shammy is already in the hall of fame for being all that a mini can be and more :bgrin
default_wub.png
:

Yvonne

My vote(s) would be for Helen, Shammy and of course, Dove. Chance too, though he was before my time on the forum so I didn't know him, and still don't know his story, other than figuring that it was a very sad one.

I nominate Dove too.

Though two that have not been mentioned would be Davie's Bite Size Mufasa/Cadle Creeks Little Joe as he was injured earlier this summer and Davie did not know if he would be able to breed any mares or not. I keep in touch and she says he is doing much better and the vet thinks he will be able to breed mares in the future. :aktion033:

The second would have to be my own stallion, Coyote Winds Knockout. He fought so hard to live but sadly passed away at age 4 after eating something he shouldn't have. He will be greatly missed. My vet cried when he heard he had died. I still cry once in awhile. I miss my boy. He was very special to me.
default_crybaby.gif
:
default_crybaby.gif
:
default_crybaby.gif
:
default_crybaby.gif
:
default_crybaby.gif
:

Oh also technically my horse but really my husbands is the mare, Cherokee Stables Ohso Dandy. She was a shy, nervous mare when I got her as a 2 year old and is now a loving mare who enjoys being driven. She aborted 2 years in a row and is in foal again for 2008 and everything seems to be going good so far. Vet will be in the area tommorow so may have him stop by to take a culture/blood sample to make sure everything is going alright. They say third time is a charm. She had a uterine infection which we had to give her antibiotics to clear up.

i'd definately add miniclick's flirt to the list
Thank you for thinking of us, Keely! Flirty is proud to have shared her progression, from the early days of her training:

flirtdriving.jpg

to her proud triumph at Nationals as a reserve champion!

flirtresnationalchamp.jpg

It was and remains my hope that people were able to learn from the progression, and to see what is possible!

I think there are several "characters" on this board that keep us all entertained and all of us feel we know them. Although I live in the Northwest, I have yet to cross paths with the ever-famous MINGUS! However, he is surely one of the Hall-of-Famers for LB, since he is not only beautiful and well-spoken, he is prolific and he also has his very own composer write his liberty music! How cool is that! I believe that Mingus will be one who will help us blaze new pathways into one of my favorite classes.

I would also second Stacy's SUMMER ROSE. Her horrible health problem and amazing recovery has proven inspirational and I know the fact that Stacy put the info on the forum has helped others find her and get information to guide them on their own decisions with their horses. I appreciate all who make their way through these bad situations and document their pathways, as it does provide a valuable resource for others who may feel so very alone when they run up against similar situations. There was another little filly that I think was owned by MeadowRidge Corinne and I am sorry I can't remember her name right now. But she sure did put up the good fight before she sadly lost the battle. I nominate all of these brave horses and their people to the hall of fame, due to the fact they educate and assist others.

The first horse that popped into my head when I read the title of this was Kody, hobbyhorse23's little guy. He has been so inspiring to me from the beginning of his training until now, flying through his surgery with ease!! I just love that little guy and I haven't even met him in person
default_rolleyes.gif
: But I hope to!

Another one was Oliver, MiniHGal's little guy. I was so heart sick when he passed :no: He was such an inspiration as well. He was a little guy, but packed with heart and the will to do whatever his lady wanted! I always loved to see pictures of him
default_yes.gif
:

Those would be my first two picks...

Then it was Little Bit. He came to my attention when we were blessed with our little Dwarf, Bing Cherry. I read all about him and because of him, Bing got to have his special shoes that made it possible for him to walk comfortably while he was here with us.
default_wub.png
:

Then there is Mingus! He is such a handsome man! WOW is about all I can put into words. Also I really enjoy reading Susanne's posts about him
default_yes.gif
:

Marty's Timmy of course and then ClickMinis Alladdin and Flirt!

Whew! What a mouthful! This board is packed with some really awesome horses, show horses or not and I love getting on here to see what everyone is up to
default_wink.png
:

This is a great post!!

Edited to add: Thank you to Leia for mentioning Chamomile! She is a hall of fame horse in my book!! I have NEVER seen a mini horse move like this mare does and I'm so proud to be her owner!!

Also, To Maxine... When I read your post about Shammy, I would definately have to agree that she belongs in the Hall of Fame. What a special mare you have there! Thanks for sharing that wonderful story!

Latest posts

Back