Photo

Miniature Horse dwarfism - Test Now Available!

Testing is now available!

70 replies to this topic

#1 horsehug

horsehug

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

Testing is now available for miniature horse dwarfism. I am so thankful to John Eberth for his countless hours and many many years of work on this!  http://www2.ca.uky.e...AGTRL.asp#tests    

If my link does not work, message me and I'll give you the link to post.

Susan O.

• Mona, lil hoofbeats, targetsmom and 2 others like this
Hilliard Horses-to-Hug on the high plains of Southwest Wyoming
Tiny Exquisite Correct Colorful Minis!
http://www.hilliardhorsestohug.com

"If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Be kind anyway"......Mother Teresa
"Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary use words".........St Francis of Assisi

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#2 Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit

Someone just shoot me!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,674 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for posting the link Susan.  I hope that people take advantage of it.  Small price to pay.  And yes, a huge thank you to John Eberth for the many hours he has spent on this. :-) 

• horsehug, Mona, targetsmom and 1 other like this
Carol Albritton

#3 Debby - LB

Debby - LB

Someone just shoot me!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

This is wonderful!!  I'm going to go read and print so I can get mine tested. Thank you for posting Susan. Big thank you to John Eberth :FirstPrize

edited to add:  I no longer breed, 2009 was my last year. I dispersed between 2010 and 2011 but I kept 2 little mares. I believe so strongly in this opportunity to test that I will be doing both of mine and the results will be posted on my Website.

• horsehug and Scottishlass like this

Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse & Pony ...The Original Small Horse Social Network - since 1997 helping you promote your business down the street or across the globe!
Small Horse Connect Miniature Horse farm and related business directory - all things related to small equine....are you connected?

BowensDesign.com - Equine Web Design

The mind is a tricky thing. Biased by your experience, it colors and shapes your reality, manufacturing broad sweeping beliefs from small, questionable, points of data.

#4 amysue

amysue

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Interests:Breeding miniature horses of color as well as miniature Mediterranean donkeys and Nigerian dwarf goats. Also raising india blue peafowl, super African geese, bantam cochins and mini rex rabbits. I enjoy training horses to jump and drive as well as riding hunter seat and saddleseat equitation.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Thank you for posting this! I have a lil mini that I want to test.
  • horsehug likes this

~ AmySue

Ponies, Inc.

Canterbury, CT

www.poniesinc.com

#5 eagles ring farm

eagles ring farm

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

What a huge breakthru ...thank you for posting

• horsehug likes this
Lori
www.eaglesringminiatures.com

Triple K Boogies Bow Tie-AMHA/AMHR-"Little Kings Boogie Buckeroo" son
Little Kings Buckeroo Buzz-A/R"Boones Little Buckeroo" Son-and 2011 AMHA Top Ten Senior Stallion 30-32"
Eagles Ring Bows Spicy Mustard Seed-A/R-2010 AMHR National Futurity Top Ten mare
Uno Lotus, D'Armond Darling Echo, Cedar Fields Awesome Coco Chanel, A&Lms Rompin Cody Chera Pooh, RF Bars Warrior Princess

#6 REO

REO

Admin / Administrative Forum Moderator

• Entertainment Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,084 posts
  • Interests:Breeding Black Splash horses with Superior conformation!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

Fantastic! :ThumbUp

• horsehug likes this
ROKO MINIATURE HORSES

RHA LOTTO LOCOMOTION~ Black Splash stallion

ROKO LOTTO SPLASH OF PERFECTION~ 29.75" Black Splash stallion

Forum Moderator and Official L'il Beginnings Entertainment Coodinator

#7 Arion Mgmt

Arion Mgmt

Habit Forming

• PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

If anyone has any questions regarding the tests or results feel free to message me or email me.  You can talk to the Dr. Graves in the lab but she and I will be communicating most of the time anyways.  Sorry it took so long to get them publicly available after I finished my research. 

• horsehug, susanne, Debby - LB and 3 others like this
www.doubledestiny.com

#8 Scottishlass

Scottishlass

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

This is so wonderful. Huge Thank you to John Eberth for all his work. I pray that all breeders test there horses. Already printed the forms to test my 2 stallions to start. Then will go from there on mares as we can. 

I am so thrilled, this has made this a fabulous day. Thanks for posting horsehug!!! :)

I will be posting the results on my two boys on my website, regardless of the results. I personally want the results of my stock public. May have tough choices to make, but worth it in the long run. Praying for best results, but will accept what they are. 

• horsehug, Margo_C-T and Debby - LB like this

#9 Margo_C-T

Margo_C-T

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:08 PM

This is long-anticipated, WONDERFUL news!May I add my thanks to John Eberth...and will say, if I were still breeding, I'd be at the front of the line to have all of my breeding stock tested; hope all dedicated breeders will!
  • horsehug and Scottishlass like this
Margo

Jess Miniatures-home of "homebred, homemade" Champions!
Near-lifetime resident of New Mexico, the Land of Enchantment--and wouldn't live anywhere else!

#10 Miniatures

Miniatures

-

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

This is a day that is MOST historic for the miniature horse world.  I hope all breeders will take advantage of this marvelous opportunity.  I, like you, Margo, am not breeding anymore, but I'd be standing right next to you at the front of the line, if I were.

Thank you John!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users