How are things at Congress going?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went to Congress for the first time this year and had a great time. I wasn't feeling well all week long and was constantly sick and tired -- I've had some health issues and am having minor sugery next Monday -- but even though I was under the weather I still managed to have some fun and enjoy the experience. We had a lot of free time since we just had three minis/ponies there and it was nice to get to walk around and talk to people and watch a lot of the show.

We took our three double-registered (AMHR-ASPC) geldings. It was a little intimidating at first looking at all the big, beautiful ponies. I was feeling a little out of place with our (small by comparison) minis when we first arrived, but as soon as we started competing I got over it. Our mini/pony D&S Double Dutch Chocolate was awesome, winning three National championships in country pleasure, hunter and jumper and three Reserve National titles as well as having 13 top fives and 14 top 10s. Also, Dutch accumulated 277 points to finish as the High-Point Pony out of the nearly 500 Foundation, Classic, Modern and ASPR ponies at Congress. I'd gone online to the results and saw an option to click on and view the top twenty horses and checked it to see if Dutch made the top twenty list and he was NUMBER ONE! Meantime, our newest AMHR/ASPC registered mini, BHR JC's Primetime made me very proud. We haven't had him long and he is looking good and driving good but I know we've only scratched the surface of what he can do. He still needs to get in better condition and needs more driving time but he was the Reserve Grand Champion in the Classic Pleasure Driving Stakes Class (42-Under). I was also very proud of D&S Excuse My French, he was the smallest pony and had the youngest driver in youth roadster (my 12 year old son) and placed 4th. I think one of the judges placed him first on their card. He was flying along, passing bigger ponies. He also had several top five finishes in driving and halter classes and was very consistent for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary,

I don't know how you do it with, is it 5 children?, and you only had 3 horses there. Good God woman, I was worn out just watching you with the 3 ponies you had at Congress and keeping up with your kids. I don't know how you do it at Nationals.

Congrats on your placings though!!

Here are my results. The facility was nice and it was great to see everyone and thier ponies!

[SIZE=12pt]Dynamics Classical CherishTheMoment - Foundation Weanling Filly[/SIZE]

Champion - Foundation Mare Weanlings

Reserve Champion - Mare & Foal

5th - Classic/Foundation Futurity

7th - Amateur Incentive

9th - Classic/Foundation Color

3rd - Owned, Bred, & Shown

Dam – BuckeyeWCF Classical Eclipse

Sire – Graham's Little King Lee

Cherish was my first ever Congress entry out of my mare that I named with my farm name. It was so exciting! I've always helped Getitia with her horses, but this was my first entry for myself.

I'm really happy with how well Cherish did in her classes. She stood there just as perfect as could for a weanling! There was some tough competition there. Cherish probably would have placed better in her open classes, but I realized that she had a tiny rock stuck in the bottom of her hoof which made her trot a little off. Thank goodness she didn't have that issue for the futurity and amatuer incentive classes!

I'm really starting to like Cherish. She is very smart, which she gets from both her sire and dam. I'm trying to stay one step a head of her, so I don't inadvertently teach her bad habits. It will be a challenge! She is so sweet and willing to please. She has one of those unique personalities that just makes you love her! I had planned to sell her, but I'm not sure now.

Latest posts

Back