Advice needed with newborn filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet filly and God bless you for all you did for her during her short stay here on earth. May God grant you peace. God speed little angel. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Tammie~

So sorry for your loss.

The future was not looking very bright for the little lady and it's sometimes best to just "let nature takes its' course"

Poor Mummy too. Hope she's accepting things okay.

[SIZE=12pt]I am so sorry for your loss, she was a pretty baby. You did all you could do, but sometimes the Lord knows best. [/SIZE]
default_pray.gif

I am so sorry for your loss. The important thing is that you made a great effort and you gave her a fighting chance, she was loved for the brief time she was here.

Give your mare some extra love, she'll need it.

Carolyn

So sorry you lost your filly.

She had (from the photos)what appears to be bilateral luxating patellas. It is a surgery with generally a high rate of success. It just needs to be done as soon as possible to avoid further damage to the muscles/ligaments. We had a foal here with that and had 'bad' vet advise that told us to exercise the colt to strengthen his ligaments - well by the time we took him in (4 days later) to the surgeon, he had had torn the muscles/ligaments which required a more extensive surgery. There isn't a rule that all vets are smart or have a clue what they're talking about!

I don't remember the cost of surgery on our colt but want to say it was between $3-5K with hospital stay etc.

Again sorry for your loss, its hard to lose those precious little ones.

Well, I tried my best with this little filly. She was so precious. We had an appointment tomorrow, but she just decided not to wait. We milked dam and bottle fed her every 2 hours and she really liked the attention. Took a bottle very well, but she just starting crashing. Something else must have been underdeveloped or wrong inside. At lease she is at peace. It's amaxing how attached you become to an animal that you work with so closely. For her brief time on earth, I can say she did make me slow down and "smell the roses" and treasure life again. Thanks for all your well wishes and thoughts.

Julie

Oh bless you, Julie..........I'm so sad for you.........AND the momma. I agree with you. An experience like that does make you stop and appreciate and listen......and try to figure out the lesson.

I'm so sorry the little angel is gone, but you did everything you could. I agree she probably had something else going on. She's at peace now.
default_pray.gif

This was so sad to read about. I am truly sorry for your loss but agree with the others you tried your best. There just aren't answers to so much that we experience. Will be thinking of both you and your mare.

I was hoping for a better outcome. I would suggest you not repeat that breeding.

I am so sorry for your loss. I truly know what you are going through.

So sorry to hear that, breeding animals can be so heartbreaking sometimes.

default_sad.png

Andrea

Oh Julie!

I am so sorry to hear about your filly. I was so hoping for a positive outcome. Bless her heart and yours too for helping her. She is in no pain now.........

God Bless You

Beth Wirht

Julie,

I am so sorry - what a precious little filly.

I hope the mare is doing okay - I always feel so bad for the Moms - it is so hard on them to lose their babies.

Lots of HUGS!!

Hoping for better news. It is so hard when things like this happen, heart breaking to say the least.

Sorry for the loss of your precious filly
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back