Trainer's Challenge - I need feedback from trainers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the others. It's just not possible. It's takes MONTHS to train and condition a halter horse, especially a weanling that's never been shown before.

Now, I kind of like the idea of throwing back numbers into a hat and having a FUN class like that! It could prove that it really is the horse on the end of the lead rather than the trainer!!
default_wink.png

I just want to Thank everyone for their .02 cents.

I think the point of the class got left somewhere - it is a challenge.

It doesn't mean the horse is in top form, complete show shape as we know the trainers and other exhibitors have time to do. It is a class to see if you can work your magic and present a horse to the best of your and time's ability.

There is no expectation set for a Congress or Nationals winner.

Some hopes for the out come of this class:

Exposure for trainers to other exhibitors that aren' t their clients.

A chance for exhibitors to get a smidge of time with trainers, garner some wisdom and experience from them.

Hopefully show that horse the rest of the summer.

And to just have some down right good fun.

It was good to hear from the few who posted. Thanks!

I have to agree with the others on this thread. Annette has very valid points. All of which I totally agree with.

I love the idea of throwing the numbers in a bucket and let each handler take in a catch lead horse..... How much fun....might have to think of that one for one of our local shows. What do you think Annette and Lori G, you two up for one of those?????

I have to agree with the others on this thread. Annette has very valid points. All of which I totally agree with.

I love the idea of throwing the numbers in a bucket and let each handler take in a catch lead horse..... How much fun....might have to think of that one for one of our local shows. What do you think Annette and Lori G, you two up for one of those?????
Oh yeah.... I think that would be a FUN class......
default_biggrin.png

OK you two, you better be prepared for the CWMHC show. I am going to add that one just for the two of you.....LOL. And yes Annette the kit will have everything a trainer needs including Daquari mix to soothe the aches and pains....

I'm delighted to hear it'll only be a CLASS at the CWMHC show and not an additional day, or two. If that weren't the case I'm afraid you trainers would need an ER ready (not just a First Aid kit) after telling your grooms what was going on...
default_wink.png

Okay.
default_wink.png

I do think one of the "horses" to be drawn for in the class should be a Miniature Mule, though...

Latest posts

Back