Bloodlines

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowsmystictopaz

Reaction score
What bloodlines should we be concerned abour for the dwarfs. Do any of the fallabella bloodlines or the popular names like Bond or Brewer have any dwarfs in them. I have alot of Bond and Komoko and I am concerned about that because so many of my horses seem to be related to one another in a way. I just am hopeful that someday we can have a list of the bloodlines that have dwarfs in them just so we can know.

Yuor question was asked earlier in the forum when it started. I will say again, I cannot give out pedigree info that I am using in my research. It would be me publicly saying "such and such" stallion or "such and such " farm has produced a certain number of dwarfs and without scientific proof it could ruin a stallion or bloodline or farm just on heresay. I dont think people would appreciate it, especially if it was your stallion or breeding program.

In general, I will say like I said in the other answer, these dwarfisms are extremely intertwinded within the WHOLE breeding population. My dwarf samples have pedigrees and backgrounds of every well known pedigree in the world. It is not wise to get hung up on "bloodlines"; many carriers have extensive old bloodlines that are intertwinded, and the same is so for the non-carriers, you will not know which are carriers and which are not until you have a dwarf.

We are NEVER going to know the original culprits, so get over that thought, go from here and learn what actual horses have produced dwarfs.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back