Raising money for research

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty

Reaction score
John, I am wondering if you have been able to tap into any organizations for donations for your research?

Do you have any fund raisers at all?

Any donations being taken up at the shows or anything at all for you?

I was thinking that the registries could offer a chance to donate for instance:

When registering a horse, or applying for membership, they could have a little optional part on the applications that say something like "Donate for Dwarfism research" and then they could maybe accept separate checks for your fund.

Just a thought.

Marty,

People have tried to get AMHA to have a section in the registration form to donate just a dollar with each registration. Well that never materialized. The Genetics committee did a raffle of a harness a couple of years ago and rasied about 2000 dollars. The donations by breeders either to AMHA or directly has raised approx another 5000. AMHA donated almost 2000 to UK and TAMU each. UK has put up 20,000 so far.

But time and time again I see people saying they want to donate, even your forum has all the info needed on the Best OF section, and there is info here in this forum to donate. I have not recieved one single offer. Since 1993 I alone have spent about 20,000 OF MY OWN MONEY. I am not looking for recognition, I want answers.

I do not have the free time to get people together or make a raffle or fund raise, I am too busy. This site is an ideal site for what you say, the problem is will there actually be people willing to donate money.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back