Furious, absolutley mad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wally

Reaction score
:no: :no:

There is a dead pony lying in a field belonging to a man who has done this kind of thing time and again.

There is no food, no visible water and another few ponies in there. The birds have pecked its eyes and face off.

It has been snowing and freezing for a few days and not a shred of food has been fed to them all winter from what I have seen.

The RSPCA are not in until Tuesday.

The person who owns the horse is well known for his neglect, but nothing is done to stop him owning horses. The RSPCA are not interested.

What can you do?

I agree with Alison. I'd get on the phone and not stop until I had someone out there with a camera! The local stations will jump on a story where the supposed authorities aren't interested or it "not within their control" blah, blah, blah!!!!

That "owner" and I use the term loosely, need to be stopped! :new_2gunsfiring_v1: :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Are there any rescue organizations in your area that you can contact for help? That is such a shame - the thought of the poor thing freezing and starving to death all alone - it never ceases to amaze me that someone can do this to an innocent animal, yet it seems to happen all of the time.

What state/area are you in? I can give you a list of state equine rescues if that will help. Unfortunately, with some county/state authorities, you have to really make some noise for them to hear you. Start with the county level, and continue to move up until you get someone who is willing to listen and help - go all the way up to the state attorneys office if you have to, the Dept. of Ag, etc...Can you contact the police department for help now? Are there other animals on the property now that are in danger?

OMG!!! Id go drag the guy by his ears and shove him in a freezer with no clothes on for a few days and see how he likes it!!! No seriously do what Alison did and tell everyone and everything you know and cause a big uproar about it. The poor ponies just go and steal them and put them in your barn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this the same place that you were wanting to rescue the pony from a couple weeks ago?

This would make me furious as well and you have every right to call every news station, including radio and let this be known. That is enough to make me sick and the owners should be arrested.

I am so sorry you have to see this. What is wrong with people!

It is a different place would you beleive, but the attitude is, "I don't know what you are worried about, they all look like that this time of year"

Please Wally do something about it. Contact your Newspapers, TV stations, radio or anyone else you think can get someone to help these animals local vets. Please kept us posted if anything happens to these horses.

I am waiting to hear back form the Environmental Health dept at the local council, I finally got hold of the animal welfare liason officer who is out for a look.

Just spoken to the guys at the EH dept. Two animal welfare guys are out on site as we speak including the vet! If the vet thinks the other horses are in danger of the same fate the Animal liason officer says he has the power to seize them all under new legislation......and he says he will take steps.

RESULT! no thanks to the SSPCA who are still closed.

Good for you, Wally!

You beat me to the punch.......I was going to suggest calling some sort of Health Dept since leaving a dead animal out like that is a health and environmental hazard.

Keep us posted on what happens to the other poor ponies.

MA

Thanks Wally
default_yes.gif
: let us know what happens.

RESULT.

Just spoken to the man from the council who is as mad as I am about it.

It was an 8 month old Chestnut filly who died. The vet is concerned about the ponies in the field, there's another 8, all need urgent attention.

The man from the council is writing up his reports and is going to take action.

Lady from the county phoned to see if we were in a position to take the horses to a place of safety if they do not act on their orders they have issued them with. They have 24 hours to get everything done. If not they will seize all the animals.

Hey I can come up there and help you kick all his windows in if you like, I am a great believer in direct action- ten to one the horses will be given back after a while- actually burning the house down would be better because then he would have to leave- what do you think????

Good idea calling the health department! Glad something is being done!

Hey I can come up there and help you kick all his windows in if you like, I am a great believer in direct action- ten to one the horses will be given back after a while- actually burning the house down would be better because then he would have to leave- what do you think????
Jane, you crack me up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so glad that things are being done about it. It's too bad one had to die first but I'm glad you were paying attention.

Slightly OT but I am in another quandry.

A friend just phoned me on her way to work. Someone had hit a hill sheep and shattered its back leg and broken her back and just left her there on the side of the road alive.

She asked me if I'd go and put it to sleep! (okay, shoot it) Which I did, but it was too heavy for me to lift on my own. I had to leave the body and I cannot get hold of the owner.

I now have to either go and burry it myself or find the owner and get him to do it!

Latest posts

Back