New Pony turns out to be huge project :(

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The vet and farrier are scheduled to come out Tuesday. She will be sedated for dental work and the farrier will trim her after.

It wasn't easy scheduling the vet and farrier together. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that their schedules allow them to show up together at the right times (and the vet doesn't get any emergency colic cases).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my fingers crossed for you too that the vet and farrier can be there together! Keep us posted on her progress!

i just looked at your forum name ,and realised that shes found the right home with you....good luck with her shes lovley

Gorilla Girl had her teeth floated and her feet trimmed today. :aktion033:

The vet got his little metal clamp (twitch) and then there was no problem administering the sedation.

She didn't like having her feet handled so the vet gave her a little more sedation.

Oh I'm gald you were able to get these things done. I am sure there may be a little trauma but not much. Without pain and tenderness now she can begin to trust when things dont hurt.

You have a long road but it will be so worth it in the long run. I am anxious to hear her progress, she is a really pretty mare.

I fully agree with the use of a twitch. It keeps everyone, including the horse, from getting hurt. I would rather twitch and get a job done than fight for an hour over it leaving all involved, including the horse, worn out, short of patience and/or angry.

Latest posts

Back