MDM's Cool Copper

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDMminis

Reaction score
Copper's papers are pending
default_smile.png
. But he will be registered as MDM's Cool Copper. I currently do not have pics they will get here shortly hehe sorry guys. But i'd like to fill you in on the fuzzy little man. Copper is a 2mon silver pinto colt, he is at the breeders until he is weaned. He's out of registered stock in which his grandfather and great grandfather on his sire's side contain the Hall Of Fame tittle his sire and his sire's pedigree was raised on Taylor Pony Farm.

Copper is considered a shetland, he has good conformation and good personailty he likes to pick fights with a filly his corraled with. He's outgoing and likes to get in trouble by his sweet mother which is solid and his sire is a tested %100 color producer and registered pinto and shetland. He is to belived to possibly carry this as well soon to find out when he's tested. He's amazing and will become my future breeding stud.

For the moment i have no other broodmares or studs. I'll be looking soon when i clear room and such i do have other bigger horses including a 2yr.old gaited tennessee walker that was currently gelded and being broke. I also have his full brother which is 1 there both gelded and 50/50 spotted bay and white. My 2yr.old is Wrangler and he's 16HH his brother Cowboy is almost 14HH at only one. My last big horse is Lucky my 17yr.old trail and 4-h horse he shows western pleasure, halter, and trail he's 14.2. Thats about it feel free to ask questions.
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! You will have a lot of fun with your pony. Are you planning on trying your hand at showing him?

Andrea

Yea i'm hoping to next year take him in open shows and such to start out and see how he does. I'll know more about his future when i get him and started to get to know him more.
default_smile.png

PICCYS :aktion033: :aktion033:

Hehe here's my lil man proving his all stud muffin lol.

Copper001.jpg

Taking a drink from mommy

Copper013.jpg

Then we walk off lol..
default_wub.png
:

Copper015.jpg

Here's his mother she's grade

Copper007.jpg

Here's his father his registered Shetland and a very nice lined stud. Very sweet boy. Look at that color
default_wub.png
:

Copper021.jpg

Congrats he is very cute. Are you regsitering him ASPR? or WCMHR? or with the pinto Assoc?

Hi

If his mother is a grade then this colt cannot be a shetland nor registered ASPC as a shetland. He also cannot be registered untill he is 3yrs old and it would have to be AMHR (if he makes the height, both parents look iffy on the height) or WCMHR but there is no way he can be registered at the moment. to be ASPC both parents must be registered, no hardshipping in ASPC ..its not open to outside horses. He should make a wonderful show gelding when he is older
default_yes.gif
:

Yes he can thanks for your concern though GC. I have read the rules of both clubs 4 times and have sen't an e-mail to Shetland they said he can be registered since his father is registered with them and the owner of the stud sen't in the breeding.

Also with pinto they said neither parents has to be registered for ponies and they accept stallions if there under so many inches and in which he will be. Also i won't be gelding him.

Both parents must be registered for ASPC so there is no way this boy will be ASPC. He can be AMHR in a few years if he makes the height and Pinto is open. But i can assure you if the owner sent in papers to ASPC i would be a bit worried because he/she is taking you on quite some ride ....

Yes he can be.
default_rolleyes.gif
: I've already wen't over all of this before i put my time into filling out papers. He's not a miniature he is a pure-bred shetland pony so he will be registered as Shetland and with the Pinto club.

Since when did pure bred include being out of a grade mare?

I'm not trying to start anything with you, i'm just trying to explain to you that this colt cannot be registered ASPC if he is out of a grade mare.

Maybe the other shetland people on here can clear this up. Lewella ...Disney ..Kay?????
default_smile.png

im sorry but if the mother has no papers he cannot be registered ASPC. he could be National show pony. National show pony only requires one parent be registered shetland. (i think thats right but the page is down on the aspc site so dont quote me lol) Maybe thats where your confused?? National Show pony is a different branch of ASPC. But they cannot show until they are 3 yrs old. want to clarify he cannot show ASPC sanctioned show until hes 3. He could show opens

Also leanna he could not be AMHR. Amhr is closed now and you can ONLY hardship amha horses in.
default_smile.png

Cute boy

Last edited:
She is a pure-bred since her mother and father both are shetlands and coutining back. As well as the father has Shetland all the way back, making the foal full blooded shetland. I've read the rules and sen't an e-mail provided by them on there web page. He can be registered in which i sen't in the papers already and have about 1-2wks to go.

He won't be going to anything nation wide or anything just local open shows and such. No quoting lol the sites not down?

http://www.shetlandminiature.com/

Yes he can thanks for your concern though GC. I have read the rules of both clubs 4 times and have sen't an e-mail to Shetland they said he can be registered since his father is registered with them and the owner of the stud sen't in the breeding.

Also with pinto they said neither parents has to be registered for ponies and they accept stallions if there under so many inches and in which he will be. Also i won't be gelding him.
Actually just so you know.. he CAN NOT be reg ASPC since his dam is not Reg ASPC(Unless I read wrong you said she was a grade pony) so the stallion cert wont matter if she isnt reg and he is. HOWEVER he can be Reg NSPR which is (I think I get this and ASPR confused) National Show pony registry and all it takes is ONE parent to be ASPC or AMHR and then of course that parent and the foal DNA'd and you can register with that however again if the dam of this foal is not ASPC reg there is NO WAY the foal can be even if the sire is ASPC reg.

Even if she is "puurebred" with no papers on the mare there is NO WAY this foal can be registered ASPC but there are classes for NSPR horses

Last edited:
no the SITE is not down. but the REGISTRATION requirments for a national show pony is down. Or at least it is when I try to open it. The link says no such page.

The mother may be "pure bred" but you said she has no papers. Hopefully Lewella will peek in.

Its odd though that you are sending in the papers. Normally the breeder does that but not always. I myself will not sell a foal until i have registered them MYSELF.

I might of sen't in the National Pony one i have no clue when it comes to reminding stuff i can't keep it down :lol:. But, no i sen't them in that and sometimes people give them stupid names (no offence to any one) lol.

Thanks for clearing that up, i felt sure that was the rule for ASPC.

There is no such thing as a grade shetland. To put it simple, either it is a ASPC full blooded shetland (meaning both bottom and top pedigree) or it is not a shetland. The mare pictured is not a shetland and like Lisa and Kay said there is no way this colt can be ASPC registered and i find it hard to believe that a guy with a HOF stallion (as you have said ..) wouldnt know this about the registry and advertise the colt as ASPC elig.

Is that a new rule with AMHR? Can you still hardship ASPC horses into AMHR?

I do have proof of the stallions pedigree if this is where your heading GC. I might of sen't in National i can't remember it was about a week or so ago. The mare is a shetland pony no matter what the picture tells you. Also the guy just registers them Pinto and i didn't want him just Pinto. So i might of sen't in the other papers i sen't in what the lady told me.

Okay now im really confused ...your website says the mare is a Grade Miniature Mare and you just now said she is a purebred shetland all the way back. The mare is not elig for Pinto either as you just said they sent in hardship papers for her. She doesnt have 4 square inches of white anywhere from the look of it. Obviously the sire can be pinto registered but the mare has no white at all on her, not even 4 square inches (which is what is needed).

I would really be questioning this breeder if i were you because something sounds fishy.

leanna im sorry YES you can hardship an ASPC horse AMHR. i just meant that this colt could not be hardshipped AMHR because hes not ASPC.

this whole thing is odd to me
default_smile.png

Ok. I don't own mom or dad, 2 you must not be reading the rules GC if your looking at the pinto registry. Because they do accept solids but i have no idea what he's doing with the mare and its not my concern. Also i'm not registering him AMHR AMHA or anything else just Shetland and Pinto.

Latest posts

Back