Side Dishes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
Was just in the kitchen fixing one of my old favorite side dishes for dinner tonight, and got to wondering what everybody likes. Bet we could give people some good ideas. I know, being alone, side dishes are usually something I don't even mess with - if I cook at all.

Anyway, something my mom made that I loved as a kid and still do. Super simple too.

Lime gelatin with grated carrots, finely chopped celery and chopped pecans. Yummy

What about you? What do you and/or your family like as a side dish?

I am the queen of side dishes!!! I tend to like the side dishes better then the main course!!!
default_yes.gif
:

My favorite.........roasted veggies of all varieties, but asparagus and carrots are the best!

Grilled Sweet Potatoes

Squash Casserole

Artichokes with Butter Sauce (YUMMY)

Sauteed Onions, cooked until they are crispy and a little burned.

On very rare occasions I make Fried Ravioli, those are super good too
default_yes.gif
:

I have to say I think I'm kinda boring when it comes to sidedishes....nothing elaborate...just regular stuff like baked sweet potatoes, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and gravy, steamed green beans with olive oil or a nice big fresh salad drug thru the garden!

mmmmmmmm i love chips!!!! is that a side order,cuz thats were i put them lol,and fried onions,and colslaw, fried mushrooms,oh dear im getting hunger pangs lol :bgrin

I LOVE PASTA! AND A NICE FULL GREEN SALAD! Actually, skip the meat, I could live on that! :lol:

MA

Butter Beans, I love them, I also love Lima Beans.

Rice

Hashbrown Casserole

Boiled Cabbage

Turnip Greens..

No wonder I am overweight! :lol:

[SIZE=10pt]Side dish? Usually what ever I make - I make a meal out of. I love pasta of all kinds, mix in a little cheese and cottage cheese and you have a mock lasagna of sorts. Oh I love these food threads![/SIZE]

Lori

Most of the sides fixed here are broccoli florets with cheese - - italian green beans simmered in bacon drippings - - baked sweet potato cut open & spread with margarine & brown sugar crisped on top - -stewed tomatoes - - black eye peas & lima beans - - jello salad made with pecans, sour cream & cranberry sauce............... Starting in April asparagus from my garden sauted in butter until crisp tender. Summer time when my garden is producing - - a plate of fried green tomatoes or squash, vine ripe tomatoes drizzled with italian dressing, yellow squash casserole.

:saludando: Never met a potato I didn't like, same with pasta. Depending on what's for dinner what sides we go for. Mac and cheese , potato salad , and coleslaw are big here. If I'm going to a potluck, which is often , I usually sign up for something from the deli. Or pick up a raw veggie tray.

Latest posts

Back