Anyone elses minis do this "Just Because"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opie2017

Reaction score
39027483_510070232774771_1682524829430841344_n.jpg My Mare will literally dump her bucket of water and do this, sometimes she will stand on her bucket up to two minutes. All she does is stand on it and look around :p

39027483_510070232774771_1682524829430841344_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahahaha, She clearly likes to Know "Whats going on " :)

I have a Thoroughbred that will pick up his tire feeder when he sees me coming down the laneway !!  I think hes trying to tell me something ":)

This is the result of Luna standing on her bucket. we know there is no way for her to reach this. But Luna found away, we found the bucket upside down and this on the floor. She is a problem child :p Anyone want to adopt a problem child? (joking of course )

38805773_2172402069692925_4925688925659332608_n.jpg

Cappy will stand on his flipped grain bowl. And I have a step stool which is in close proximity to the cross ties.  He has been know to paw the stool close enough so he can stand on it.  I dunno how he stetches his leg that far, but he is determined.  He is always pretty pleased with himself when he manages this. 

If we WANTED these shenanigans, I bet we couldn't get them to even try, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two that love to stand on a block.  Jelly Bean and Rock E.  It is one of their tricks.  Without prompting I've seen them stand for hours, even dozing.  I think they like the view from higher up.    I recently took the wood block away because they kept chewing on it and it was no longer level on top.  I recently replaced it with a sandstone one and now they don't use it anymore.  I almost feel bad, but don't like them chewing wood.  

JBaug17a.jpg

Out of all my minis in all the years I've only had 2 that did that. The baby in the herd does it all the time! I get it because I'm short. I love mountains, ladders, footstools. Anything that gives me height and the ability to see more. haha

One of mine occasionally will knock over his bucket and flip it over onto his head. Once in a while the handle goes under his chin and he'll run around with it on. It's good for a laugh. He can easily shake it off so I think he does it just for a laugh. Of course he never does it when I have the camera out....

:) Ha! My Nozzy will knock over any regular water bucket. I have to either tie one securely to a fence, or use a 25 gallon tub. If I try to hang a water bucket in his stall he will scratch his bum on it.

When you use the Upload a File, once the photo is loaded you can choose Full and that will make it big enough to see without having to click on the thumbnail to enlarge. We encourage that, we have the space so enjoy your images better.
Hope this helps as I love to see what you are posting.

Latest posts

Back