Kodak Moments

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep the photos coming!!!  At this rate maybe a Forum Calendar could be put together for next year!

Cool picture.  We used to have yellow spiders like that, but I have not seen one for years.  They would always make a web in the same two spots on the property.  I am spider phobic (a lot,.even looking at your picture makes me slightly anxious ?)  but I miss seeing them.  I hope they did not leave because of something I have done.

Cool picture.  We used to have yellow spiders like that, but I have not seen one for years.  They would always make a web in the same two spots on the property.  I am spider phobic (a lot,.even looking at your picture makes me slightly anxious ?)  but I miss seeing them.  I hope they did not leave because of something I have done.
I can see how someone could be repelled by spiders.  I did an article on spiders for our state button society a couple of years ago.  There are some gorgeous spider buttons.  Spiders were always associated with good luck.  The bad press about them probably dates from the horror movie era.  But phobias are real.  There are even people who have a phobia of buttons.  It's called [SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]koumpounophobia.  Some famous people have it. 

Interesring about the button phobia.  

My mind knows better about the spiders, but my body sort of overrules the mind.  If I see one in the house I put a upsidedown glass over them and slide a paper under it to trap them, and then run for the door with it to turn it loose. Or make my hubby do it ? instead.  Live and Let Live.  If it is too cold outside for them, I put them in the cellar and try not to think about the  results of THAT ?.  

Last edited by a moderator:
My Mom found this out in the garden today! They are back!  She just told me so I ran out and took a picture.  Only for you guys would I get this close ?.  It is not exactly like Marsha's spider, but close.  

DSCN1420 (2).JPG

Latest posts

Back