got my mojo back

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
This past weekend was the Hart County Fair.  They have a large quilt show.  I didn't have a bed sized quilt to enter this year because I had shipped the only bed sized quilt to my daughter in Texas and she refused to ship it back so I could show it.  Oh well, I really don't care because she's in love with it.  But I did enter this little crib quilt.  It's hand pieced, hand quilted and then I did some trapunto.  Apparently, the judges liked it because I got the blue ribbon in that class.  How unexpected for me.  I was really quite flattered.  You can't really see the trapunto in the picture, and I tried to attach some close ups but they are too large (go figure) and exceed the size limit.  So you will just have to use your imagination.  LOL

I haven't done a lot of quilting lately as I've been battling some depression issues.  But that seems to have improved enough for me to sit with a needle and thread in my hands.  We'll see, maybe I'm just adjusting to my situation. 

Anyway, I call this little quilt "Birds in the Air"  and if you could see the quilting pattern you would know why.  LOL

IMG_1510.JPG

I can see why the judges liked it!

I double clicked on the picture to enlarge it and I can see the trapunto, very very nice job,  that is extra work and they must have appreciated your effort!  Pretty quilt and congrats!

Latest posts

Back