Antique Tractor Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We are going to an antique tractor show this weekend at Robber's Cave State Park in Oklahoma.  We've never been to it, but heard it is a big deal.  We will take the rv for camping.  I will drive the vehicle hauling the tractor, my 1946 Minneapolis Moline R.  Neighbor checking eggs and watering flowers.  My sister is boarding Dapper Dan for me, and Buckly is at the trainer.  Should be able to go off with an easy mind.  Haven't been among antique tractor folk since our local club faded away 9 years ago.  We have fixed up a box on the back for my dog, Buddy to ride with me.  Tried it out this morning and he was very happy to go along.  I was a little worried he would not sit still, but he snuggled down just like when he rides in the bicycle carrier.

We had the umbrella off to wash it on Saturday and a huge, freakish 50 mhp wind whipped through.  Threw the umbella against a fence and tore up the fabric.  We ordered another and hopefully it will get here in time, but if not we have two large flags to put in the umbrella holders.

mm tractor.jpg

Thats a nice looking tractor.  Sounds like a fun getaway.  I wish my husband could go, he loves old tractors and would enjoy every minute of it.  Do you and your husband do restoration on the tractors?  My hubs has an old JD lawn tractor that he tinkers with all the time.  It's not yet vintage, it's just "old".  But he loves to work on it.  It is really just a glorified lawn mower, lol, but he calls it "his tractor".

Have a great time!

Hey,  How is Buddy?  I was thinking about his snake bite ordeal the other day.  No lasting problems from that, I hope.

My husband wanted me to ask you if you have a tractor or have seen one that starts with a shotgun shell instead of a starter.  

No, but he knew of airplanes that did.  He is a retired air traffic controller. We did not restore this one, although we have done quite a lot to it.  It was painted and running when I got it for my birthday 9 years ago.  It is a 1946 R model.

Supposed to be photos up on the Robbers Cave state park facebook page sometime this week.  Long drive over there!  But it is a very nice place for a show.  I did the skillet toss and Jim did the wrench toss.  Harder to throw a skillet than you'd think!  You have to throw it down a straight chalked line and the distance away from the line is deducted from your length. The handle makes the skillet bounce and you never know how far off the line it will land.   I threw 42', but the winning gal did 47'!  I had the only Moline, which surprised us.  Lots of unusual machines there.  The state park had its sawmill set up; they cut all the wood for their signs and structure repairs.  Buddy did pretty well on the trip.  He's not a very good traveler.  He has to lay by my feet in the vehicle, which is a little awkward while I'm driving.  And if left alone in the RV he howls.  He usually likes people, but he did get approached by two children that he growled at.  They looked like perfectly nice children, but he didn't like them.  Left him in the RV during the afternoon as it was too hard to keep an eye on him and people wanting to pet him.  Legend says the cave was used by Belle Starr and Jesse James.  It was a steepish climb up to the cave.  It started raining before we were able to find the stone corral where the robbers hid their horses.  We needed a Ranger docent.   Putting stuff away and collecting my animals.  It's almost too much trouble to take a trip.

skillet throw.jpg

Robbers Cave tractor.jpg

Your tractor is bigger than I thought by about 25%.  Looks like fun to drive.

I hope no one got hit with a flying skillet ?

I would think 42 feet is quite a respectable distance, those things are heavy!

Latest posts

Back