Sign in to follow this  
Marsha Cassada

2018 projects

Posted (edited)

Some more finished projects.

Pincushion.jpg

Old pincushion I did not make but I made the bottom one based on the older one. Improved it by adding plastic inside so the pins don't stick through the bottom of the pincushion.

2018Potholder.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

MugRug.jpg

Mug rug

BasketsCrocheted.jpg

Crocheted baskets

Edited by Charley
  • Like 1

That pin cushion is a good, usable design. Nice work on all your projects! I save sawdust for my pin cushions. Also use raw wool--my favorite. What do you use?

Here is a button I made. The center is felted wool and the petals are ribbon yarn. It is hooked on 32 count linen with a size 6 crochet hook. I think I will make a few; they are a good lap project.

post-2782-0-47766400-1523387421_thumb.jpg

post-2782-0-40209900-1523387433_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a link to other ideas of what to stuff pin cushions with. On this one. I was just trying to test the pattern so I just used batting in it. I also made a pattern for a smaller pin cushion so I can do a wrist strap with velcro. I haven't finished one up yet. We have been busy cleaning up all the branches that came down this winter and spending a lot of time outside.

I also like to use wool roving, but I am thinking of using the crushed walnut shells as they sell them in one of the fabric stores near me.

I love your button, very interesting.

Here is a link to other ideas of what to stuff pin cushions with. On this one. I was just trying to test the pattern so I just used batting in it. I also made a pattern for a smaller pin cushion so I can do a wrist strap with velcro. I haven't finished one up yet. We have been busy cleaning up all the branches that came down this winter and spending a lot of time outside.

I also like to use wool roving, but I am thinking of using the crushed walnut shells as they sell them in one of the fabric stores near me.

I love your button, very interesting.

The thing I like about raw wool is the oil content, which kept pins and needles from rusting. The walnut shells are supposed to keep them nice and sharp. I like the idea of an insert to keep the needles from disappearing in the cushion. It's amazing how many needles one finds when tearing apart old tomato cushions!

• Like 1

Finished a wallhanging....

LighthousesWallhanging1.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure if I'll get something made before the end of 2018, but I couldn't resist these horse panels at the store today, plus a couple coordinates and the white at the bottom doesn't go, but is tone on tone cowboy boots, so I had to have it.

2018 - horse panel and coordinates.jpg

• Like 3