Sign in to follow this  
Marsha Cassada

2018 projects

I'm working on Christmas tree skirts and I made a couple tablerunners with my left-overs from the tree skirts. I have 4 tree skirt tops done, need to get them quilted.

post-2416-0-34347900-1521603940_thumb.jpg

I've finished two quilts with this adorable outback fabric collection. [One with the panel and one with the left-over coordinates.]

post-2416-0-89447600-1521603993_thumb.jpg

Not sure what is next.

• Like 2

How will you quilt the tree skirts? All over, or accenting the panels?

How will you quilt the tree skirts? All over, or accenting the panels?

Just a stitch in the ditch on the tree skirts. One day I'll get brave and practice some free motion, but I'm not there, yet.

Tried my hand with a couple of horseshoes.

FirstHorseshoe.jpgSecondHorseshoe.jpg

• Like 3

Love them, so creative!

• Like 1

Charley, how did you attach the diamond/bead embellishments?

I found this pattern at the thrift store for a quarter. It is dated 1982 and was never cut. After making it, I know why--someone was smarter than I! I made it for a grand daughter. It had a pattern for bears, mice, and rabbits; she wanted bears.

post-2782-0-97631400-1522509702_thumb.jpg

post-2782-0-86143500-1522509715_thumb.jpg

post-2782-0-35729100-1522509755_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Cute pattern above! Love how yours came out.

The beads in the dream catcher were strung on the string as I got to where I wanted them. The beads on the sides of the horseshoes were put on 24 gauge beading/jewelry wire. It is easily bent. I cut the wire long and threaded them through the holes to the back of the horseshoe then bent both sets of two wires around each other and put a little hot glue on them. I did hot glue felt to the entire back so all the ends were covered. The green and blue beads were glass beads, the brown were small tiger eye beads and the silver were spacer beads. This was something I had put away for years and finally decided to just do it. I made them for my grandsons' rooms. The hanging part was short pieces of leather and thread with beads and feathers attached randomly. The threads were folded over and wrapped then fed onto the twine and then hot glued as the twine was wound and attached with hot glue.

Edited by Charley

Interesting how the horse shoes are shaped differently.

• Like 1

Interesting how the horse shoes are shaped differently.

I'll venture to guess one is a front shoe and the other a hind. It's in my mind that fronts are rounder and hinds are narrower, but my memory sucks...

• Like 1