Magic Marker 2018

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like your about to be very busy
default_smile.png

Yes and our weather is being crazy.

Yesterday was in the 30's with freezing rain. Today was a little warmer but cloudy. Tomorrow is in the 60's. Than Wednesday morning we are under a freeze warbing with temos in the 20's.

Than warms up for a couple days before another cold front that is predicting snow!

OOOOH!! Can't wait to see what you get!

Sending happy and healthy baby and momma thoughts your way.

Good luck with the crazy weather
default_wacko.png

your weathers crazier that ours! I'm so looking forward to seeing some healthy foals for you.

Puzzle kept waking me up between 2-7 am. She was very restless. After I went into the house I went out to the barn a couple times and nothing. At 8 am I went out to do chores and checked on her first.

She was laying sternal. Watched her for a minute and realized she was having contractions. I ran into the house and told Kari, than went back out.

Had to adjust head a little but baby popped right out. He was delivered before Kari got out.

It is a very flashy smoky black tobiano, may have LWO, colt. And his black is very black. Not the color I was figuring he would be. Dam is black HZ tobiano LWO+ and sire is a perlino.

He was up within 30 minutes and found the milk bar 30 minutes after that. He is already trying to run around his stall.

Mom was a little unsure at first but figuring it out. She lost both of her two pervious foals.

His cannons are either 6.5 or 7 inches and I think both eyes are blue.

Kari thinks his barn name should be Picasso.

Will get better pictures tomorrow. Chilly and cloudy day. Tomorrow is supposed to be close to 70.

Rain should go in the next couple days. She looks like a milk cow.

20180410_094033-1.jpg

20180410_094054-1.jpg

20180410_112504-1.jpg

Wooo Hooooo!

We have a buckskin (probably LWO+) filly out of Rain (black) and by Magic Mans Top Ticket (smoky black LWO+ sabino). She foaled about 6:30 am.

I was guessing baby would be black, but nope.

She has a bald face, white on all four legs, and white in her tail. Not sure if she has any other white. Her cannons are 6-6.5".

Ticket has a 100% rate of tiny fillies. He did not disappoint. Still have one other mare bred to him.

Introducing MA2 Tickets Party Girl. I want to call her windy due to the high winds the last 24 hours.

Will get better pictures in a couple days. Thunderstorms today, than cooler weather over the weekend. Than back to warmer weather.

20180413_064734-1.jpg

20180413_071454-1.jpg

Wow BIG congrats!! Love them both and the colors are awesome. I'm so happy for you!

Fabs is supposed to be the next one in line, but I think she has decided to stay pregnant indefinitely! She foaled at 319 days last year, she is at 340 days today. She is relaxed in the backend but still needs to fill some more in the milk bar.

Flutterby is at 335 day. She is a maiden, so could hold out for quite a while.

Here is a picture of milk bars. White is Fab. Other is Flutterby.

20180420_084312.jpg

20180420_084408.jpg

Next three up are now over 300 day, so going to add them to the line up.

First is Princess (had a silver black filly by LK Buck Magnificent). She is bred to our cremello stallion, Wisteria GMB Dreams Come True, so guaranteed palomino. She is 303 days and has really bagged up in the last week. Her bag has even filled more between this am and this afternoon. The milk bar picture is from this afternoon. She was slab sided and v'd a few day ago but wide now. She has had loose stools off and on for the last couple days. She may go be Fabs.?

20180420_164839-1.jpg

20180420_164850-1.jpg

20180420_155410.jpg

After her is Wind. She is bred to LK Buckeroo Zipit. She is 302 days and has no start to a bag.

Her and Feather are still in the dry lot. Once the weather warms up they will be brought in the barn. The two mares and their babies will be sent out to the dry lot. Just not been warm enough for the babies to stay out at night. Monday is the first night the temps are warm enough for the babies.

20180420_165043-1.jpg

20180420_165058-1.jpg

20180420_165110.jpg

Last but not least is Feather. She is bred to Magic Mans Top Ticket. We can't wait for this baby. She is black tobiano splash sabino. He is smoky black sabino LWO+. She has been tested and is LWO-.

She is 301 days and has no start of a bag either.

We will be breeding later next year and only breed 8 mares. We are going to give some mares a break. Also want to foal after are bad weather. We want to foal in May and July. Spliting the two groups so there is room in the barn. Only have five stalls.

20180420_165118-1.jpg

20180420_165129-1.jpg

20180420_165145.jpg

Latest posts

Back