Driving Hours 2018

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you get to the parade. I always like to see pictures of handsome Dapper Dan.
I have been doing short sessions of ground work with both the minis almost everyday, but the carts are put away for the winter and no snow for the sled. I don't know if I will use the sled this year even if it does snow. We seem to spend a lot of time trying to adjust the shafts every time we use the darn thing. I have more fun just tying the other sled to the traces and using that. I think the truth is that I am just getting lazy, lol.

As it gets cold it gets quiet on the driving thread. I'm impressed with those of you still getting out and driving. Merry Christmas to everyone!

I've been driven only a few times the last two weeks... not much time and vey bad weather with a thunderstorm. And I cleaned and took care of the harnesses and marathon cart, so I wasn't able to drive for some days.

dec 14: 40 minutes with Teddy
dec 15: 60 minutes for Massai and 40 minutes for Moony
dec 16: 40 minutes for Teddy
dec 21: 10 minutes for Moony (it was very rainy... we went out for a walk and them I hitched him for a quick mile)
dec 22: 60 minutes for Teddy and 40 minutes for Moony

One more day!!!!

A few questions. Is everyone enjoying logging hours driving? Do you want to do it again next year? I am more than happy to keep track of the hours.

We are also doing a small "prize" for everyone who participated this year since we think everyone here should be rewarded for the effort they put in. Life is busy and making driving a priority isn't always easy. I failed miserably this year .

I might try to figure out how to do an individual cart next year so each person can see how many days they drove and not just the total hours. I'll have to learn how to use spreadsheets a little better but I'm always up to learn something new.

I love this idea... Somehow I have to make it alert me when I haven't updated. I drove many many miles last spring, summer and fall and failed to get any of them logged here!

Latest posts

Back