Driving Hours 2018

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorClementine

Reaction score
Here it is guys! The 2018 Driving Hours Log thread. If you are going to participate please check in by listing the horses you will be driving this year so I can get our spreadsheet started. I may do a month by month sheet this year and figure out how to share it with you all to make things easier. Also.... Logging team driving? Should I make a line for a team say "Horse A/Horse B Team" then also slots for "Horse A" and "Horse B" separately? The total driving hours will be the same in the end but then we could see how many hours a team was run together.

Any suggestions on changes or ideas going forward are always appreciated since I have no idea what I am doing
default_smile.png

Happy Driving in 2018 Everyone!!!

About 30 minutes ground driving Buckly today. Then my sister came out and we took him in the golf cart, then worked with the shafts. He is sure goosey, but gets better every time. Worked with him for nearly 2 hours, so he is one tired pony tonight. I am not sure what it is about the sulky that alarms him. I parked it in his corral with him tonight; maybe he will get more used to it.

Everyone's package is in the mail ☺☺☺☺ Except for Silver City's, I am still trying to track her down.

Northwolf, I have no idea how long it will take to reach you because of Customs, I sent it Priority Mail, so hopefully not too long.

Everyone else should see theirs on Tuesday.

If they arrive wrinkled (and they might) you can iron them on very low heat, on the BACK side so the printing does not lift.

I just want to say how much fun I have had with all of you this year. A big Thank You to everyone for all their advice and encouragement!

And MC is most awesome for tracking those hours!

Drive on, guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Cayuse, I'm very excited to receive the package!
default_aktion033.gif

I forgot to list the horses and teams for this year. I plan to drive:

single:

- Massai

- Teddy

- Moony

and teams:

- Massai/Teddy

- Massai/Moony

- Teddy/Moony

- Massai/Teddy/Moony (unicorn or three-horse hitch, I plan both)

- Massai/Domino (<= this is my old 31 yo shetland gelding, I plan to hitch him a few times this year)

-----------------------

Yesterday I drove:

Massai/Teddy 1 hour

I am joining in this year. But it’s January 7th and I have only seen my boys once so far, due to this sub zero weather. Hopefully we can drive soon. I will be driving:

Single

-Sundance Kid

-Butch Cassidy

Pairs

- Sundance Kid and Butch Cassidy

Thanks for keeping track!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Ive been a member of the forum for years, just never kept track of my driving hours. Our weather finally warmed up (still below freezing, but felt pretty good compared to the below zero temps weve had since Christmas) and I got in my first drive of the year! Only 40 minutes, but it felt soooo good! Butch was perfect! He always makes me proud. We just went through the subdivision next door, mostly walking as I wasnt sure if there would be slippery pavement. When we got back, my barn owners husband said we didnt think wed see you until March! Although Ive lived in this area all my life, as Ive gotten older I have less tolerance for the cold. My goal is to move to NC in the next few years. Im following Jeannies adventure vicariously. So:

Butch Cassidy 40 minutes

1A4E0B00-18D5-4F67-824D-4545ACCE1AE1.jpeg

Welcome Peggy! Glad to have you join our driving hours thread. I'm begging your forgiveness ahead of time if I mess up your hours or take forever to get caught up sometimes. Also, if you have any ideas or comments please feel free to share. I'm not a bookkeeper so this is a learning curve for me
default_smile.png

I'm heading down to south again this weekend so I should get more hours. Maybe some team hours with my friends mini and Candace.

I'm here! I'm here!! LOL I sent an email reply, let me know if you didn't get it

I had a BAD year with my animals in 2017. Spanky is well. One day I'll share the rest.

Please put us down for 15 minutes ground driving today. He wants to do more, but I can't. Poor Spanky.

And thank you Majorclementine, for doing our bookkeeping. Learning spreadsheet skills is on my first quarter of 2018 to do list.

Latest posts

Back