Naomi 2017 pregnancy and foaling topic, pics etc

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple more pics. Naomi is holding her tail litlle "up", so that tail is not hangin normally right down as usual. But she has done that for couple days last week... You see that one picture how. belly is..well, belly says not yet..?

Naomi s329.jpgNaomi t329.jpgNaomi y329.jpg

Naomi v329.jpgNaomi xex329.jpg

Shes looking great and I see what you mean by that pic as the foal is still laying sideways. It may only take a couple of good rolls to line baby up.

She is elongating perfectly.
default_thumbup.gif

Yes! Wonderful, I'm so happy for you. BIG Congratulations on your beautiful new foal. Boy or girl? Were you there when she had it?

litlle boy.

I was watching a movie before sleeping, with computer and stanlecam picture side me. just after movie ended Naomi started to foal so I did go to stable.

Well, congrats! Must be so nice to have a webcam - so much easier than check after check and then still missing the event while right in the next stall!!

He's a good looking colt. Can't wait to see "unfolded" pics of him.

I love stable cam.

This was a redbag. But everything is ok, foal is very active. Naomi is little tired and the foal is soooo bossy! Naomi is almost too nice, standing with one leg up when foal is eating, because that litte critter thinks ist easier to eat when mommy holds leg out of the way.

The colour then. Is he chestnut? silver black? What do you think?

6.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg

These pictures I lean towards silver black. What color was the skin on his muzzle and around his eyes at birth? Chestnuts (reds) are usually born fairly pink looking and darken quickly; black or bay based are usually born with their dark skin (white marking will have pink skin of course).

black/dark skin in muzzle and aroud eyes. He will be tested, already sent tail hair samples to uk, nearest gene test lab. Testing red factor, agouti and silver just to be very sure of the color.

Many says silver, one friend says red/chestnut but she has not experience of silver gene.

He is Mireo Nase Rani. Called Rane, or Rani.

Pretty boy! So glad you had the webcam and were able to assist with the red bag delivery. Color wise from looking at his parents...both are bay, is that right? and Mireo carries silver gene as well?...foal looks to be bay, possibly silver bay hard to tell with the baby hair and since appaloosa will also cause some variations in foal color it could be a little of that too. Are his eye lashes white? Foal also looks spotted, is he?

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious now, did you get the color test back? I'm not familiar with UK, so don't know if you'd already have it back.

Meaning on the little man's name? It's very different, so was wanting to know about that, too!
default_smile.png

He is a good looking young man!

test not ready yet. i think he is silver black, and spotted. his muzzle is more and more pink and there is little black spots left in the pink muzzle skin. skin around eyes is more pink too now thsn it was week ago.

name, Mireo Nase Rani, means.. well, mireo is 'jewels' all my foals have this.. nase means he is, and rani is kinda nickname for the moon, something like wanderer, meaning moon. so he is moon.

OOOOOOOOOOOO - NICE!!!

That is cool. Will enjoy following this guy as he does his color changes.

I love stable cam.

This was a redbag. But everything is ok, foal is very active. Naomi is little tired and the foal is soooo bossy! Naomi is almost too nice, standing with one leg up when foal is eating, because that litte critter thinks ist easier to eat when mommy holds leg out of the way.

The colour then. Is he chestnut? silver black? What do you think?

View attachment 35644 View attachment 35645 View attachment 35646

This little guy <3

Latest posts

Back