Magic Marker 2016

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations MMM
default_smile.png
Shes adorable , cant wait to hear what name you decide on
default_smile.png

Introducing MMM WF Spirit Dancer, barn name Dancer. She is 9 days today. She has been moved to a bigger paddock, so has more room to work on back legs. We are a little concerned because her heel bulbs are a little red. We have read that we can glue tongue depressers on bottom of hoof, to help keep her from standing back on he els. She has improved since birth, just slowly.

CAM01846.jpg

CAM01848.jpg

CAM01851.jpg

CAM01858.jpg

I just noticed the picture from behind. Her stomach doesn't stick out that far. She was positioned weird when Kari took the picture. She didn't retake it. She had one hind leg pulled out instead of under her like it should.

Design is 317 days today. She's driven me nuts. Thought she would go three nights ago but it started raining, so changed her mind. This morning her bag is rock hard and can easily express amber/clear sticky fluid. Its windy, cool, and cloudy today. Expecting scattered thunderstorms most of this afternoon into tomorrow morning. Actually hope she waits, but if not, we bring her in the house. Cats will love that.

CAM01924.jpg

CAM01925.jpg

CAM01926.jpg

CAM01928.jpg

Sorry for the bad vulva shot. Kari's not feeling well so was trying to hurry. The cool weather also has Design tightening up. She has been puffier and more elongated than this pick for the last three days.

We noticed this year one of open mares started chasing Feather around about a week prior to her foaling. The mare started doing this to Design about five days ago. This is unusual because Design is higher ranked than this mare, but Design kept moving away from her. We ended putting Design with Feather and Dancer, so she doesn't get stressed or hurt. They are getting along fine.

324 days and still very pregnant. Easily express clear, to cloudy fluid from nipples. The nipples are full and if you barely squeeze, fluid pours out. Baby is still sitting sideways. She looks so miserable.

CAM01986.jpg

CAM01987.jpg

CAM01988.jpg

CAM01991.jpg

Here's some pictures od Dancer, 3 weeks old. We turn her and her dam out with the main herd during the day. Everyone is getting along. Her half sister (same sire) from last year lives following her around. Also have a refined 29" mare (palomino pinto) that has given herself the honor of babysitter. She stays with Dancer and follows her all over. Dancer loves to be scratched and is very independent. Wanders all over with her honorary babysitter.

CAM01995.jpg

CAM01997.jpg

CAM01998.jpg

CAM02009.jpg

328 days and oh so lucky! We have a buckskin splash colt with blue eyes. 7" cannons and twi hind socks.

I've been sleeping in the car since we don't have a barn. Car is not as comfortable as the truck. Trucks broke down and not parked near the foaling stalls. Phone alarm went off at 3 am and no baby. After that, I couldn't sleep (not for lack of trying). Design was acting the same the whole time I was awake. Finally drifted off between 5-6 am. Got woke up at 6:30 by another mare dragging around our manure sled. Got the string caught on her neck. Looked at Design while putting shoes on. There under her neck was a little blue eyed face. Baby was up and looking for milk bar. Still damp, so missed the birth by half hour at most.

The lucky part is when I picked up the already expelled afterbirth it was attached to the sac. Thankfully the baby was able to break through the sac.

He is a fiesty one. Already trying to run and buck. Baby has nursed and pooped.

Kari has two names picked out, but not sure which. It's either going to be MMM Dreams Desert Star or MMM Dreams Ready to Rumble. Which do you like?

CAM02033.jpg

CAM02031.jpg

CAM02030.jpg

Yeah he's not sure he likes to be touched. He puts his ears back and even trys to bite you. Hopefully his personality turns more to his sire, than his dam. She can be standoffish and not want to be messed with. His sire will follow you around and beg for attention, unless girls are around. I'm glad Dancer is like her mom, a lover and attention getter.

Thank you for participating by sharing your mare's Feather and Design foaling journey! Congratulations on your new Filly and colt!!
default_firstprize.gif

Please remember to add their photos to our yearly "new foal announcement" thread on the main forum, and also here on the pinned thread entitled "foals born with the help of this board".
New and updated photos and questions go on the main Miniature Horse Forum, there is also a pinned topic in this forum for updated photos of foals - everyone loves to see new foal announcements and updated foal photos!!
Thank you again and we hope to see your Mares here again next year!!
default_yes.gif

I will move this foaling journal into the yearly foaling journal archives forum after a few days of Congratulations!!

If you would like this thread moved to the foaling forum archives to keep for reference please let me know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back