Huybers Mares for 2016

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weerunner

Reaction score
It's not a real busy foaling season here for me, but as of right now I have 2 pregnant.

Here is the stallion they are bred to. His name is Huybers Utopia What's Up Doc

Both mares are black appy's. One is a minimal appy , her name is Marcella and the other is Eclipse.

Marcella has had two lovely tall babies for me, so I'm confident she will continue her good streak for me.

Eclipse is the problem mare. She was bred three years ago and aborted a colt at day 120. Last year she was bred and aborted another pinto colt at day 252 (so close to full term). The vet feels that there is no physical reason he can determine why she keeps slipping her foals, but suspects that she may have extensive scar tissue in her uterus. He suggested this one last breeding and if she aborts again, that will be it for her breeding days.

So this year Marcella is at day 217 and Eclipse is at day 211. Both foals are kicking happily during their momma's suppertimes. I'm praying so hard for Eclipse's little one, if anyone would like to add her to their prayer list, I sure would appreciate all good vibes.

I don't have cams up and running this year so I'm on my own, but I will post pics here as we get closer.

3.5 years old.jpg

Best of luck Amanda sending extra good vibes for Eclipse
default_smile.png

Looking forward to watching them both progress
default_smile.png

Thanks guys, it means alot to me that you will help pray for Eclipse. We had an awful abortion at day 252 last year, I had to go in and turn the foal around and it had obviously been dead for awhile, Very sad, I am so hopeful that she can carry this one to term.

Here is a summer pic of Doc (the Daddy) so you can see a little better how he is built, he's 33 inches.

And pre-pregnant pics of Marcella and Eclipse.

IMG_2376.JPG

Marc 1.jpg

Eclipse.jpg

Thanks Diane. I love his personality most of all, he is so laid back. Hopefully Eclipses foal will stay calm and quiet and the placenta will not detach.

We are at day 231 for Marcella and day 225 for Eclipse. Elipse aborted at day 252 last year, so of course I'm on pins and needles as we get closer to that date; but I am convinced if we can make it past that we might make it all the way. I'll keep everyone posted.

Tonight I was just spending time with her and she looked at her belly several times, which made me check belly right away but it seems baby was adjusting position because there was kicking and big rolling movements, so alive and well as of today. Thanks to anyone who is praying for her, we need lots of help.

Thanks so much Diane, baby gave me two huge kicks tonight. Poor Marcella, I usually don't even bother to feel for her baby, I know she'll most likely carry to term like she always does. Eclipse did have one live foal before I got her, so she can do it.

Little update, Eclipse is still pregnant, we are at day 235, just a little over 2 weeks to go from her last year abortion. Everything seems fine and baby is kicking nicely at suppers, so I feel good about this. Might be time for belly pics soon.
default_smile.png

She's at day 249! 3 days from day she aborted last year. Baby is still kicking strongly. She is much calmer this year than I have ever seen her. And we're having a very light winter this year. I think these things are helping her hold on to this little one. And I do believe it's a small foal, as she barely even looks pregnant. I'm feeling guardedly optimistic. And praying regularly for a live, full term foal. Any colour and sex, just healthy and alive.

Marcella is doing well at day 255, also looks to be a small foal, not a huge belly. Doc is a small stallion and quite fine.

We are now officially past the day she aborted last year, she's day 253 and baby is still alive and kicking. Thank you everyone that helped pray her through these last few weeks. I really feel good about her holding tight to baby now. Around 66 more days and we'll get to see her little treasure. Sure hope he doesn't show up until then.

Ditto Ryan's - I thought I was the only one to do that type of "Happy Dance".

Congrats on 272 days and we'll keep our toes & fingers crossed for ya!!

Day 277, and just an ever so slight beginning to her udder!! I think this pregnancy is going to move along right on target. So excited to think I'll finally see a live foal out of this special little girl. Wish you could all see my cameras at night, but I'll have to make due with photo updates.

20160402_083206.jpeg

Keep us posted Amanda!! Praying for a safe delivery and a healthy foal, can't wait to see pictures
default_yes.gif
default_pray.gif
!!!!

Ok,, Eclipse is at day 298!!! Baby is still kicking, has not dropped down yet. Looks like she is going to make it guys! And I thank all of you for the good wishes and prayers for little one.

Marcella's udder has begun in earnest and she is extremely uncomfortalbe with runny poos for several days now. I think she'll go in the next two weeks, she's at day 304.

Hugs to you all.

Sorry guys, Marcella was testing ready to go on Friday morning. I stayed home from work, no baby. We waited until Sunday night and then Marcella dropped and started contracting strongly, red bag presented itself. I broke that open and went in and found a foot a nose and no other foot. Reached in to my elbow, found foot number 2 aboe baby's head and brought it forward and the tiny little foal slipped out like greased lightening. Little pinto filly!! Her new owner was present to see her arrival.

Eclipse is at day 310, has a good sized udder, but milk not ready. So glad she is going to make it .

20160502_1712481.jpg

20160502_1714081.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back