2016 projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo love that. Do you sell them?
Me? The quilts? Yes, when I have them completed, most are for sale. This one is commissioned, which I don't do often, as I like to work on projects that inspire me (I get bored easily).

Here are a couple I've made that are available:

FB strips quilt - finished - Feb 2015.jpg

YBR - pink ribbon quilt 2013.jpg

I have 4 in various stages of completion right now; 3 are sold, 1 would be available. Then, I have a gift quilt to work on, then I might have time to make something else before summer arrives (thinking maybe something with horse fabric, if I have time).

The two I posted that would be available now, are around $100, or a bit under. I'd have to check to verify the sizes, but they are lap size, so around 45x55", the striped one may be closer to 50x60". Shipping to Ireland might be a killer.

Love your quilts, do you still sell fabric on ebay?
Thank you.
I used to, but sales dwindled there and I was still paying monthly fees to list there, so I quit e-Bay and I'm now on FB. I have my own fabric group page I started, it's currently private (so for friends and family and people I know), and I'm on 3 open FB fabric sale groups.

My walking foot died, so it's going to be a week or so before I can start quilting those quilts that need to be done soon. I ordered it today, here's hoping the seller ships quickly and USPS delivers quickly. In the meantime, I've started a new quilt to keep me occupied:

kitty panel quilt - 2016.jpg

Got my walking foot, which needed to be replaced, but then found out I had a spool of bad thread, it kept breaking (changed thread and not another problem). Anyway, here are those three quilts.

Victoria's Terrace - 2016 - red and black floral - finished.jpg

Kims quilt - 2016 - finished.jpg

Kims quilt - 2016 - kid quilt from left-over blocks.jpg

I've started another quilt, waiting on more of one fabric to arrive and another color to add. It's for my sister for her birthday, not sure how big it'll end up. I'll have a few extra blocks, so think I'll make her a table runner too. No picture right now, but will get one when I get more blocks done. It's taupes, beiges, a touch of blue and waiting on a red to arrive.

Made some more crocheted baskets ~ the pastel colored one's are for Easter.

CrochetedBaskets1.jpg

CrochetBaskets2.jpg

I am using some of my older yarns and experimenting to see what works best. The first was a weaving yarn, the second a crochet yarn, and the last two were made from 4 strands of weaving warp twisted together. I like the twisted weaving warp the best for texture and color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, but what I do is always simple once I can figure the directions out. lol And believe me, if I can figure it out, anyone can. Now I am just trying to use up some of my stash yarn that has been given to me. I sure hate to waste craft things.

I am thinking of maybe adding some crocheted flowers or buttons or lace to them to dress them up for the girls. Not sure what to use for the boys….maybe sew on some jacks or washers, or maybe some metal buttons that aren't girly looking! The one I am currently working on, I am using plastic canvas yarn, again given to me, which is stiff and giving a really interesting stiffer texture and bolder colors. I think these will be the one's for the boys.

Thanks, but what I do is always simple once I can figure the directions out. lol And believe me, if I can figure it out, anyone can. Now I am just trying to use up some of my stash yarn that has been given to me. I sure hate to waste craft things.

I am thinking of maybe adding some crocheted flowers or buttons or lace to them to dress them up for the girls. Not sure what to use for the boys….maybe sew on some jacks or washers, or maybe some metal buttons that aren't girly looking! The one I am currently working on, I am using plastic canvas yarn, again given to me, which is stiff and giving a really interesting stiffer texture and bolder colors. I think these will be the one's for the boys.
For the boys you might be able to find buttons shaped like tools, trucks or whatever they like.

Latest posts

Back