Magic Marker 2015

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
default_smile.png

I think you should be working off the last breeding date that she had with your 3yo, saying this tho some pregnant mares will let a stallion cover them during pregnancy. So its a tricky one.

If she took on the first breeding date she would be coming up too 10 months along ? Does she have any udder development ?

It will be interesting to hear what others think. Sorry I cant be of more help
default_smile.png

One of my mares turned out be one of those. She would accept the stallion. She acted like she was going through seasons. But something started to feel off. So I stopped for one cycle. Eventually I figured out she just wanted the stallion all to herself lol. Right now she seems bigger than I feel she should be, due to my records. Due July but looks more like my girl that's due in about three months.

Ryan, the picture above is hers, just not very good. She has edema in front and on both sides. She has been like this a couple months. It just slowly increases. Just looking at her belly and the medicine hats belly, Rain is rounder and dropped lower. She should be a month later due than the other mare. The other mare has had a foal two years ago.

If you can see her udder increasing , then that's great. Maybe another set of pics of the girls in a week or so.

Keep us updated
default_smile.png

Another five days has passed and the weather is warmer 75-80's. Feather(MMM Fancy Feather:Fagnillos ZorroXMini Fancy Freckles-bred to Casper(Wistera GMB Dream Come True:Little Kings Doctor Dream X AF Gold Charm)) is 335 days. Still chugging forward but was very agitated this am between 5-7. Acted normal the rest of the day. Creta Hills Okie Winds A Blowin (Wind)(Lauralees Troublz Sweetin The Deal X.Triple Ks Copys BTU Golden Girl) bred to Wesco Farms Rohans Echo ET(Little Kings Echo Diablo X L Doradas Etoile de Mar) is 308 days and still has more of a bag, than Feather. Creta Hills Lotto Sweet. Rain (RHA Lotto Locomotion X ROKO Painted Apache Rain) is 306 days if bred to Casper. She is either 246 or 273 days if bred to Creta Hills Spirit Wildfire (Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow X Raylinda Favors Image). He is a coming 4 yr old dunskin pinto, measuring at 30". He is also very refined and this will be his first babies. I have a picture of him. Have to get pictures of Casper and Rohan later. Feather (black and white-clipped face), Wind (smoky black with four white socks), Rain (black with snip on nose), and Design (black medicine hat). Design (HMM Designed by Destiny:Running Creeks Destiny Buckeroo X Lakota Stars) is also bred to Wildfire and isv279 days.

CAM00410.jpg

CAM00408.jpg

CAM00415.jpg

CAM00423.jpg

CAM00404.jpg

CAM00405.jpg

CAM00406.jpg

CAM00400.jpg

CAM00424.jpg

CAM00426.jpg

CAM00427.jpg

CAM00431.jpg

CAM00407.jpg

CAM00408.jpg

CAM00107.jpg

I like the light tan and white at the bottom pic. What is her name? I love that white one with the black mane in front too. She is just cute. Looks like she has probably got quite a bit of character.

The light tan pinto is Wildfire and he is a coming 4 yr old. This year is his first offspring on the ground. The white one with black cap on head is

Design. She is bred to the tan pinto (dunskin). She is R only and this is her second foal. And, yes, she has a lot of attitude.

Sorry, it's been so long. Small changes, but no baby. Feather is a 344 days from first day covered. Her last day covered was 10 days later. She is miserable. She lays down 90% of the time (day and night). Has made small progress on milk bar. Wind is holding steady, does have a increase in milk bar. Her vulva is also elongating a little and has a little swelling. Rain and Design have no big changes.

CAM00437.jpg

CAM00438.jpg

CAM00439.jpg

CAM00443.jpg

CAM00462.jpg

CAM00466.jpg

CAM00467.jpg

CAM00470.jpg

CAM00444.jpg

CAM00446.jpg

CAM00453.jpg

CAM00454.jpg

CAM00456.jpg

CAM00458.jpg

Looking good Magic Marker Minis,
default_smile.png

Looks like some definite udder development happening. Now some have started , the others may decide to follow her lead.

Thanks for the Pic updates
default_smile.png

Alrighty, Feather is between 339-349 (based on her ten day cover period) and still pregnant. Has made progress on the milk bar department. She sends 90% of the day and night laying down. Her vulva has gotten red inside than lightens back up. She looks very miserable. Wind is 322 days and slowly progressing. At the rate Feather is going, I'll have two Miniatures foaling at the same time. Since Rain and Design have a ways to go, I'll hold out on pictures until later.

CAM00474.jpg

CAM00475.jpg

CAM00476.jpg

CAM00479.jpg

CAM00482.jpg

CAM00483.jpg

CAM00484.jpg

CAM00485.jpg

Actually , Feather is usually very elongated and her vulva lips are gaping open. She wasn't for the picture, but I checked her a few minutes later and she was. I sleep in the truck next to their pens. I also set my alarm for every hour, but sit up and check on them if I hear a noise or them moving around a lot.

Feather is beautiful and looking close. I hope to hear exciting colorful baby news soon. You should have beautiful babies.

Wind is 323 days and has lost her mucus plug. Also has no tail resistance. Still probably will hold out for two weeks.

Latest posts

Back