My little Pony has come a long way!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming home tomorrow.

Rode him yesterday. He's back to being a good, lazy slug. =)

He's home!
Meshed right back in with his girls as if he never left.

Tape measure say's he's now about 800 pounds! Poo....
Also, I think I am not measuring his height right, since it showed 13h and not 13.2h....uh-oh...

Got to ride the trainers super mare, very light, easy and quick to respond. Mare has a crazy back story, but the happiest ending. I've never ridden a horse doing anything but walking, trotting and turning while moving forward. So when I got to ride this mare and trainer told me how to get her to do this n that, it was the neatest thing ever!! Rollback turns, backing nicely, perfect stop, side passing, spinning, moving up to the wall, etc, all with the slightest leg and/or with a hint of rein. I was super jealous! But have an additional goal for my boy, to be just like that mare in ability and responsiveness!

Also, sat in her hard western saddle. Which, months ago, before my lessons would of been heck to ride in! But it was no issue today nor on Friday when I rode in it on my gelding. I must of learned how to properly sit or those posting muscles buffered a touch!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hills In your pictures would be a good way to trim him up a little , only downside is your gonna need to walk him up and down them
default_smile.png

Backing up practice.

2016-06-07 18.54.09.jpg

Scary water bottle!

2016-06-07 18.58.11.jpg

2016-06-07 18.57.07.jpg

So dashing in his shiny summer coat and dapples!

2016-06-07 18.53.46.jpg

What he would look like as a miniature! lol

2016-06-07 18.59.48.jpg

New bit!

20160606_144814.jpg

Don't step on your heels!

Screenshot_2016-06-06-15-55-32.jpg

Vet gave me cattle fly tags, seem to be working. Too bad the one by his head makes him look like a BLM stang. =( He so is not!

13419033_1782768855342996_4762761248713343223_n.jpg13495003_1782768878676327_9106039059070598807_n.jpg

We got more land, so went to visit the pond with Kasia and then later, went on a ride with the ponpon.

b.jpg

13654137_1219910251375814_8099800607869304470_n.jpg

Screenshot (1104).jpgScreenshot (1107).jpgScreenshot (1115).jpgScreenshot (1121).jpgScreenshot (1124).jpgScreenshot (1127).jpgScreenshot (1133).jpg

Lol. I guess I didn't update most forums.

We bought 26-ish acres.

We are in the process of redoing the fencing, from 3 lines of rubber at the dangerous road to 6 lines of deadly barbed wire everywhere else.

There is a magical flat area at the very top, it's wonderful, but I'm nroke, lol, so eventually,I'll have something there.

My nicknames for him are endless! Lol

Plan to use the 26 acres as winter grazing for the ewes and horses. And then make hay from it during the growing season.

Please reconsider the Barbed Wire, As you stated Its "Deadly" and from experience Horses Vs Barbed wire ( Do not mix)

For cattle yes, But horses , unless you have an electric wire on the inside, Id seriously consider something else. In 2007 when we brought the farm, it was the first thing I did , remove all the barbed wire, which had a dead goat tangled in it from the previous owner.

Please reconsider the Barbed Wire, As you stated Its "Deadly" and from experience Horses Vs Barbed wire ( Do not mix)

For cattle yes, But horses , unless you have an electric wire on the inside, Id seriously consider something else. In 2007 when we brought the farm, it was the first thing I did , remove all the barbed wire, which had a dead goat tangled in it from the previous owner.

Huh?

Who is that towards?

Did I somewhere say I would keep it? JW

We are removing all the barbed wire. There is two sections of fence hidden by brush that we might simply ignore and install our new field fence 10ft from it. No barbed wire will stay up where any animal of mine can reach it.

Even with a hot wire, barbed wire isn't safe. Plus, my dogs and sheep would get out if that's all I used. Making it 100% worthless on top of being deadly.

I got tired of messing with the bit and him hating it when I asked anything with it, so tonight, I put the jumphack back on his old headstall and away we went!

He turned much more nicely without the bit.

Video would of been of the whole ride, but I left the wrong memory card in it.... =( So it only got a tiny part to the little yard. I had to lay over, but not on, his mane to get under the cable, he's getting pretty good at moving off when I do this. I don't press his neck and try to only bend at the waist.

We turned and started back down, but the minis got in our way. So we turned at the cable and went back into the little yard and did a very, very nice 180 turn!
default_firstprize.gif
A little leg and a finger light pull and off he turned like butter! Sucks that the camera couldn't get that on tape!!...ah well, always tomorrow.

default_xbud.gif

Screenshot (1146).jpgScreenshot (1147).jpgScreenshot (1148).jpgScreenshot (1150).jpgScreenshot (1151).jpg

Lol. I guess I didn't update most forums.

We bought 26-ish acres.

We are in the process of redoing the fencing, from 3 lines of rubber at the dangerous road to 6 lines of deadly barbed wire everywhere else.

There is a magical flat area at the very top, it's wonderful, but I'm nroke, lol, so eventually,I'll have something there.

My nicknames for him are endless! Lol
Sorry, Must of read your post incorrectly as stated above.

I cursed the previous owners for weeks as we took it all down , worst fencing ever
default_smile.png

Have fun on your new property !!

Oh, I see where I went wrong, didn't finish the sentence and it's worded a little off, lol. I meant that currently, in the front is rubber fencing and the rest of the fencing is barbed wire. The barbed wire will be replaced by field fencing and the front I will add field fencing to the back of the 3 lines of rubber so it keeps it's nice look.

Latest posts

Back