Sign in to follow this  
secuono

My little Pony has come a long way!

Somewhere around 12.2H, maybe taller. I'll have to measure him again to be sure.

Please click here to view Lil Beginnings sale board with Mini Horses, Ponies, and Tack for Sale!

Thanks, I'm looking for a pony to ride. I'm old and don't want a tall horse, too far to fall now. :yes

Ok, he is 13.2H

I've been trying to get him to walk and seem to of hit a wall.

Hoping to find another trainer with free time to help me teach this gelding to walk when asked and not off n on as he feels like it.

He looks amazing , you have come so far with him :) Congratulations :)

• Like 1

You both looked good, he should get what you are asking anytime now.

• Like 1

Video stills from the free pasture ride attempt.

I'm doing more ground work before trying again mounted. He sucks at moving away with shoulder pressure but has gotten disengaging his bum real quick.

post-45356-0-68704000-1440627848_thumb.jpgpost-45356-0-03738600-1440627861_thumb.jpgpost-45356-0-57617800-1440627872_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Also started some jumping just to keep him busy and not so bored. He's real bright eyed about it and after meeting the scary pole and bribing him over it the first time, he was good.

He had to figure out me moving my arms and crop towards him(like I'm pushing him parallel away) meant to move out from me, but keep walking/trotting. Once he figured that out, he also figured out to go over the pole.

post-45356-0-46437200-1440628630_thumb.jpgpost-45356-0-60598200-1440628641_thumb.jpg

Edited by secuono
  • Like 2

Well, finally figured out what pressure he needed for him to actually respond and that is a crop tapping his rump! If I tap him on the side, then he will walk in a turn away from the pressure, so tapping his rump it is!

Pressing he doesn't feel, guess the saddle is absorbing it too much. Heel tapping he sometimes thinks about. So going to ask for walk, heel tap and then rump tap. He's smart, just turtle slow. lol

Was out with him an hour and thought I had gotten it all on tape, but of course, my camera turned off right before the 15min mark! So it didn't catch it when he really started to understand that all I want is for him to walk! Changed the video picture file to a smaller size, hope that helps.

Edited by secuono