Maple Hollow Farms 2015 Foaling

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah thats a bummer. I liked keeping the title updated with who was on cam and when they foaled/were foaling. I guess I will just try to post the link every once in a while to my cam since its going to be hard to find it after so many posts. For now I guess we will remember that it is on page 3 of comments.

Anyhoo guess I will update on the girls. Brought Babe in this morning and she is in the left stall so if she acts a bit grumpy being in, well she probably is LOL! She has a decent start to her udder, nothing serious yet but obviously needs some time to settle in, here 330 days in April 8th but she has foaled as early as 328 days and as late as 338 days for me

Missy is in the middle stall, decent start to udder but again nothing too exciting yet. She is due for 330 days April 6th but has foaled as early as 321 days or as late as 343 days. I informed her that she better go with the early dates as I dont think I can wait that long again!

Faith is on the right but is not due until may. I will have to do some rearranging soon to get her moved and a different mare brought in. Just waiting to see who gets most serious first :D

Moved the girls around. Diamond is in the left stall, just started bagging but filling fairly fast, Missy in middle, and Babe on the left. No change in Missy or Babe but last night Missy was really restless, biting her sides, shifting weight, and yawning. Did belly clips on Diamond and Babe tonight and Babe's baby started jumping around so thinking it will be a fun one to clip when older LOL!

I have been checking in, if you need me to take a watch time message me on FB.
default_smile.png

Thanks Holly, I will def remember to let you know! Not too worried about any of them right now as nobody is looking ready yet, just driving me crazy LOL! The first three are ones that are super easy normally to tell when they are ready, Diamond almost always waxes but at very least has milk, Babe will fill her udder in the blink of an eye and then is usually soon, Missy is the hardest as her udder always points down but just have to wait til it is firm and then she will even make me wait then before finally giving it up! :p I keep hoping they will surprise me and foal anyways but so far doesnt look likely. SIGH! They are pretty consistent normally on their gestations when bred to stallions more than once but all are new crosses so no idea what they will do.

Babe is starting to look a bit more serious, nipples arent pointed down yet but I cant remember if she ever does before foaling, bag is getting pretty firm though. If I remember right she is tricky, I dont think I have actually been present at one of her births yet LOL!

Missy is a bit fuller but not ready yet

Diamond is taking her sweet time and looking like another mare might end up taking her place soon if she keeps progressing while Diamond isnt.

I brought Mom's mare, Eve, home tonight as we are still working on getting her cams online. I think she is at 306 and foaled 312 last year. Foaled with little bag and foal didnt get out of sack so any extra eyes are appreciated! Has a decent start to her udder but her rear is very loose and has a dark red vulva plus has been doing lots of small loose poos. She may pace a lot since she isnt used to being in a stall.

Missy still in middle with a full udder and could go pretty much anytime.

Babe also has full udder and extremely loose and dark red vulva!

Getting exciting, maybe they will all go at once LOL! Plus we have possible storms coming in tomorrow night so could trigger some foaling!

Please remember to CALL and not post here if you see anything as I will not be on my computer 24/7. Thanks again to anyone watching!

Thanks for watching....they were pretty boring last night werent they LOL! Im going to be in desperate need of a full nights sleep by the time foaling season is over since they all seem to be waiting to go at the same time :p

You sure are Melinda
default_smile.png
They were fine to watch , your mums mare was a little restless but had read you thought she might be due to being in a stall.
default_smile.png

I watched for about 20 minutes, and fell asleep with my ipad open... woke up at 5am thinking "man I need to put this away and go to bed".

I am watching tonight Melinda! That is until I fall asleep!! Most nights I watch until 11-12midnight..........but will stay up if there is some action!!!! Lol

yeah it would be great to see at least one of the three foal!! I have not seen any foals born on Mare Stare yet this year, although not too many folks have posted their cam links, only watching 3 farms so far.

Ikblazin, do you have an iPad?? That is what I have, I couldn't get Mare Stare to work either last year but I found out about this app. It is called Puffin and it is free, just need to download on your iPad and then use it like your browser. First find Lil Beginnings then add the different cam links. Oh you also need to join Mare Stare with user name and password. But you only need to log on that first time and then you stay logged in. Even if you don't have an iPad you may be able to find the Puffin app and use it with which ever tablet you have!! Good Luck hope this works for you!!!

Hmm I'll need to see if a techi person can help me with that. I have a Verizon tablet. Thank you I hope it works...well more like I can figure it out lol

Can you download Apps to your tablet , like games, picture apps etc???? Apple has an App store for all their apps. I only have Apple products so I don't know that much about the other types and what they have avalible for downloads. I will see if I can find some info on that for you!??!
default_smile.png

Haha I found it!! But it says I need to add card info, and that will only be billed upon purchase..? Sounds sketch. I have never downloaded apps. I just use it for internet and kindle stuff. I will have my brother in law check it out in the morning. Thank you for your help
default_smile.png
I hope I can get it going soon so I can watch

You should be able to see a spot on that screen that says "skip" so you dont have to put card info. On my phone it is in the lower left corner of that window.

Latest posts

Back