Snacks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
I looked for snack category and could not find one. So since we are approaching holidays here goes one that I would be ashamed of myself if I did not share it with you all. I can't stop eating it until it is all gone gone.

Blue Cheese, Walnuts, & Cranberry Spread

8 oz cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles

1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts (I don't chop, just break because I like em chunky)

1/4 cup dried cranberries (I snack on Craisins a lot, love them in salads)

1 (T chopped chives) last time I substituted fresh basil since did not have chives

In medium bowl combine everything. Mix well. I used the back of a wooden spoon. Salt and pepper to taste. Spread on whole grain crackers. So very yummy!

Let's get some more snack and treat recipes going.

That sounds so good!

The other day, I heard of Roquefort Grapes. Apparently a Southern staple, but I'd not had or heard of them before. I will be making this before long, though:

Ingredients:

1 - 10 oz. package almonds, pecans or walnuts

1 - 8 oz. package cream cheese

1/8 lb. of Roquefort cheese

2 T. heavy cream

1 lb. of seedless grapes - washed and dried

Directions:

Toast nuts in a 275º oven, then chop coarsely in a food processor or by hand. Spread on a platter.

Combine cream cheese, Roquefort, and cream in a bowl. Beat with electric mixture until smooth. Drop grapes into cheese mixture and gently coat grapes. Then roll grape into toasted nuts. Place grapes onto try lined with wax paper.

Chill until ready to serve.

Nuts and Bolts

1 Box Kelloggs Nutri Grain 500g

1 Packet salted peanut 250g add more if you like

1-2 packets of french onion soup.

Mix nuts and Nutrigrain in a bowl , line baking tray with baking paper and spread out nuts and Nutri grain.

Sprinkle french onion soup over the top of the peanuts and nutrigrain and bake for 10 mins on med heat. I only use one packet of the soup but if you like a stronger taste maybe add a little more (keep an eye that it doesnt start to burn)

Take out of oven and let cool.

Ill often take it out of the oven half way and give everything a stir then put it back in the oven.

Will keep ages in an air tight container
default_smile.png

Quick and easy
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back