Evah's pregnancy thread!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all, evah would like to be a Floridian now. Lol. I seriously thought about building a temp stall in the basement for foaling time. Some places we have almost 6 feet of snow. We will have snowbanks until July!

Your mare is beautiful. If you do have snow and cold weather, you'll be okay. The horses that live in New England are used to winter. My first foal was in April during a snowstorm in Vermont and all was well. Just be prepared with your heat lamps and towels and foaling blankets. And you have a beautiful barn facility too.

Can't wait to see your new addition.

I actually don't have a barn, it's just a cover-it for a run in. we USED to be at Clear Brook Stables in hancock NH but have since moved 3x in the last year until I could bring them home. I have a foaling blanket and a foaling kit on hand. i'm HOPING to get her to a legitimate barn for the foaling.

she's starting to get ready to V out ever so slightly now, getting reeeally close. Farrier comes tomorrow in the morning, will check her over while she's occupied (i've never met a mare that hated being observed more than this one)

-30 today... Farrier day, brought them in the garage after heating it with the torpedo heater for 10-15 minutes before bringing them in. Let one roam around while the other got her feet done, flexie the bay was opening toolbox drawers and walking around with wrenches she found. Not entirely preggo related, but thought I'd share.

11018325_10204934179687128_658463251408962684_n.jpg

Well we are at day 298... No signs of bag yet (hopefully not anytime immediately soon! We are still getting to 5 degrees at night)

I always like seeing the comparison between before and after pics. They are very helpful. I took a peek at your fb page and saw LA. Its wonderful that she has found a forever home that will care for her every need.

Yes, I love seeing the comparison photos too. Hoping it warms for you and she's looking great.

Thank you, LA has been a blessing. From a wild eyed scared horse riddled with abuse in her past to the phenomenal lesson horse she is today. Same with little Evah here. She had a rough upbringing and it took a very long time for her to get over her "wild" ways. It took six months to be able to just walk right up to her with a halter and lead rope to put it on (she would make you chase her for hours and hours before that.) Love all my girls. According to the nail test this is a colt, plus that "frizz" test at the base of the tail, I can't remember what it was called. Should be interesting to see, won't be too long i'm sure! I'm guessing at the rate she's filling up we should see baby by or around 315-320.

I so know that feeling of wanting them to come right now. All of us on your thread are excited and we can't wait. It's a very exciting time!

forgot to get update pictures today... tomorrow. still not much. blew up overnight then seemed to slow down to almost a stop.

Latest posts

Back