Name one Recipe you are well known for ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Johnson

Reaction score
Hi all,

Name one recipe that you are well known or famous for ? It might be loved within your family or when you have made it for a special occasion ?

Cheers Ryan
default_thumbup.gif

One my family almost always asks me to make and bring is "Famous Golden Cornbread", an IBS friendly recipe. It is (supposed to) more moist and 'cake-like' in texture. I bake it in an 8" round cake pan usually for taller slices. It has some sugar in it and just enough sweetness to actually not need anything on it to eat it. (though my hubby still likes jam or honey).

If its just one recipe I would have to say Potato buns. I am asked to make them for every family gathering and when we invite people here I am often asked if I am making them to go with whatever meal I serve. I have a few others that certain branches of the family or groups of friends ask for regularly, cinnamon buns is one and a crab/noodle dish is another.

Mum always asks me to do the Slow cooked sticky Asian Lamb. I do it in the slow cooker. And it is really nice.

Definitely savoury things . Last time I made (or tempted too) something sweet it was a disaster. I may have forgotten to add the eggs lol which didn't help my cause.

I Love making Soups , slow cookers etc. And love finding new things to try. I guess it depends on whats growing or what I have an abundance of in the Vegie garden too.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back