Buttons, Buttons, Buttons

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmph! I always wonder where my buttons go :p
The best stash of buttons I ever found was in England. A biscuit tin full for 1 pound. Yes, those beautiful buttons came to America. Do you ever see bog oak buttons in your locale? I have a lovely vest button with a shamrock in it--if only they could talk and tell of their travels!

We are going to try out our new RV for the first time this weekend, traveling to the TX state button show. I plan to be there early the first day so I can help with the judging procedure. I will help clerk, be a gopher, do whatever the lowly helpers do who wait upon the Judges.

I'm on the hunt for some special small white glass buttons for a competition card, and also more unusual buttons with spider webs. Wish me luck!

Anyone in the Frisco area, check out the Embassy Suites Hotel showroom for some fabulous miniature art.

Have a great time! Hope you find the perfect buttons.

I went to an auction on Saturday. Managed to snag one gallon jar of old buttons. What a trove! I have had a great time sorting and cleaning them. There were other button lovers there, which equals competition!

The National button show is coming up. It is in NH this year, so I will not be going--too far. But I have my cards for competition completed and ready to mail. Also wanted a few things to offer for their Ways & Means table. Woke up at 1:47 am yesterday and couldn't go back to sleep. What quiet thing to do?? I decided to make some greeting cards to send to National. A friend gave me a portfolio of some gorgeous Morris papers from England so I used a few of those. Yes, the spider is a button. It is prong-set glass from the Czech Republic. The pretty lady is from an old 1920 magazine; I scanned it to copy. She is perfect to model button hats. I will also send one of my bread dough buttons and a corn cob button.

Still working on the feather tree, and have started a new silk tie/burlap tree skirt.

cards for national.jpg

Latest posts

Back