LPPaintedPonys - Cherry FOALED 31 AUG - PICS pg 12; Stuffy FOALED pg 6,Tory FOALED pics pg5, Koalah

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooooo not long now - come on Tory, we want to see what you are hiding in there!
default_yes.gif

I agree Diane, as soon as she has got the foal into position I bet she will foal.
default_yes.gif

I've been a bit re-miss keeping up with this list!

Anyhoo - took pics last week (3/28) of Koalah & Stuffy. Had farrier and vet out on Friday (3/29) - didn't get pics of Tory...

No "real" changes to Koalah - by dates she's not due for another two weeks, but... I'd gotten some milk to test - no where near ready (at the first level on both colors the way I read it). She had started on Saturday to loosen up over top of croup but you touched/rubbed/petted or moved tail - tightened right back up. So thought it would be awhile. Saturday - I took 4 ponies to a ride/drive function w/ the Draft Horse club. Everybody still "preggers & round" when I got home. Koalah's bag not full or real tight. Stuffy still needs lots of filling - Tory is full, tight - but so is vulva & muscling over croup and she's ROUND, not slabbed.

Sunday - rained all day - I checked mares off and on tru-out day - separate from feeding & Easter w/ family, but didn't take pics. Koalah stayed up against the fence where I was able to see her and ate hay from round bale where I could also see her from kitchen window or lower pasture gate (not staying in the barn or right behind it hiding). When ever I entered pasture - Tory ("wild", highly reactive girl) would run (hmmm, am I sure yo aren't just FAT??
default_whistling.gif
). We got almost an 1" of rain, but started drying fast when it cleared up a bit.. Monday - after feeding chores (I didn't take pics) - I didn't see changes to the girls, so hubby and I went to meet tow truck at shop w/ his "dead" car, ate lunch and then to a couple of car dealerships to see if could find a "new" car for him in our budget.... 5 hours later - arrive home with the "new" car. Everyone still round and preggers! I grabbed camera and went out into the paddock to take pics but sat down in dry spot in the sun...

Woke up to a couple of yearlings and a 2 yr old nosing & pawing at me as the sun disappearing! Hmm - pics out - camera doesn't work in the barn w/ or w/o lites. Called the girls in, fed and started checking everyone. Tried to get milk for testing from Koalah - teats flat and got nothing! Hmmm. OK. Took her up to the house to check her good in the light. Vulva not any different - still pink, not red. Muscling over the croup starting to "jelly" - but decided not enuf to keep her in right now since other signs just not "right". Checked in pasture several times - w/ flash lite - no changes.

Morning Tues - no changes at 6:30 when started chores. She ate - was turned back out. Again staying on the side of pasture where we can see her from kitchen window (GOOD MOMMA). Hubby picked up groceries and breakfast for us and our youngest daughter who has just moved back in (they both work - grave yard shifts) - so at 8:30 shared a movie and breakfast. Right after movie, noted that Koalah can't be seen. I'd taken wet socks and boots off, so they went out to check while I hunted socks and boot - very out of sorts,
default_doh.gif
. Hubby back in ..."she's still wet and wearing her "slippers" , but placenta passed and she got me all ...icky"... All I note in the bright sun (keep house darkened most times) - "she" seemed "white" - WOW... Closer - not white, not a lot of pinto white, but much lighter than any of our other silver babies...

HERE she is:

13apr02kfilly068.jpg

13apr02kfilly073.jpg

Still stuck on names... "playing" with "Spring" and "Bonnet" - with our farm and sire/dam names...

Oh - and Koalah's vulva still not red - very unusual! Just a light pink and no bruising either... Never noted that before.

To make things easier with the other two mares - they are now staying in the round pen during the night. Whoever looks like they are closest when Koalah and filly go out to pasture - will come into the stall under our carport. Pics to follow on them...

wow Congratulaions, those legs go on forever
default_smile.png
I am so glad all went well.

LOL!! What a sneaky girl! Many congratulations on your very pretty filly - look at those legs!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Well done Koalah but you might have told your Momma what you were up to!
default_yes.gif

Stuffy's belly has dropped a bit, but her udder for the last two was much larger/tighter and painful for her (she doesn't mind me touching, rubbing, squeezing or washing her this year - gee that sounds BAD!!). While her belly has dropped in the pics - she's not as "big" this year as she was for 2010 colt or 2011 filly... Didn't get a lot of pics of her preggers w/ filly, did of the day she foaled w/ colt - can't find them!

Will be testing milk on her and Tory shortly - along w/ more pics.

Tory - is just ... a re-active mare. A friend asked me yesterday how we would be handling baby and I told her same as always. Tory DOES like to be fed - even if she doesn't abide handling, fussing or grooming... The re-active mares (including Tory) usually have babies that are great and easy to handle! She can be done by vet, but my farrier now refuses to do her hooves and vet and I getting together after she foals to drug her to get her hooves done, then will work on a program from there... It's been a year since her hind hooves were trimmed and about 9 months since her fronts done -
default_sad.png
. This mare has taken some serious work - but just completely melts down when having her body handled.

Heres her pics taken yesterday morning:

13apr2to75.jpg

13apr2to76.jpg

13apr2to77.jpg

13apr2to78.jpg

13apr2to80.jpg

13apr2to81.jpg

Next two weeks still promising to be interesting!

Holy cow, she's all legs; and very cute all over. Congrats!
Yes, she's definitely not the little tanks her previous foals have been! I'm also thinking she may mature larger than the previous babies, LOL.

Thank you.

& she will get bigger - the folds ALL FILLED out with her 2011 colt! and she stayed that way up until he was weaned (then got bigger, LOL, before "drying out"). Funny thing is - she was almost as flat as a maiden when I started checking her and taking pics in February...

This will be her 6th foal.

Congratulations!!! Oh my what long legs they really do go on for forever
default_smile.png
and what a gorgeous colour!! cannot wait for new pictures

Back