Please share what you are working on

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I really like this pansy print, and I'm hoping I can get more of it.

Finished with the table runner made from a charm pack! Now, I'm going to start quilting that quilt top tomorrow.

TableRunner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever had "one of those days"?

Ironed the backing and quilt top, sandwiched the back, batting and quilt top, pin basted it all together. Took my time but when I flipped it over the backing had shifted and was not right even though it was stretched. So it was take out all the pins and start all over. Iron, sandwich layers, pin baste...flip over.

Good news is the afternoon worked out great and the lap quilt is ready to start quilting. Hope that y'all have a good day sewing and no problems. I so hate to iron!

Lois

Chanda, would love to see photos of your horse quilt. (hint, hint)

Lois

Hhmm! I'll have to find my bag, I put it in the bag to go to guild last Monday, but we had that blizzard that trapped me at home, so I didn't get to go and show it off for show and tell.

Here's the unfinished pic from before, I added a narrow border in the matching brown, and used a darker brown for binding.

Horse quilt 1 - 2013 - in process.jpg

Are you keeping it or are you finding it a home? It's very pretty!
It will probably get a new home. Its about 45x50", I'd have to measure for sure, so its small lap-size or kids size (or perhaps a wall hanging size).

Great job on the blanket. He looks so content...warm fuzzies for sure!

Lois

Thanks for the compliments. This quilt is for Mother's Day for my husband's mother, my mother-in-law.

I do the straight line quilting the normal sewing way on my sewing/embroidery machine (bought used they are affordable) and then I hoop the blocks, pick out the pattern, and my embroidery machine does the quilting of the hearts in the blocks. It takes less time for the machine to do it than for me to do the straight lines and, I think, it is much prettier. It never messes up like I do. lol

Lois

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool, Lois. There are times I wish I had an embroidery machine, but I think I have enough to keep me busy, for now.

Back