Please share what you are working on

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Reaction score
Thought it would be fun for us to share the crafty/artsy things we are all working on.

During the day, I am just starting to quilt an Ohio Star lap quilt

GreenOhioStarQuilting1.jpg

In the evening, just started crocheting a basket weave scarf

BasketWeaveScarf1.jpg

and planning a new lap quilt...this is the material I will use.

CharlottesQuiltFabric.jpg

I would love to hear/see what you are working on.

Here are some of the knitting projects I'm working on or have just finished.

I'm really into making baby headbands with flowers since I have several friends having baby girls this spring.

0212130748a_zpsef9210f4.jpg

The lime rib knit scarf is for me out of cotton yarn. The purple is a washable wool rib knit scarf I'm working on for my mom's birthday. I'd like to get my hands on some hand spun wool to make her a navy blue scarf.

jpeg_reencoded-4_zpsc32c9df2.jpg

This is one of the premie hats (for NICU babies) I've made. When my son was in the NICU there was a group of moms that knit hats for all the babies. I wanted to help other babies in the NICU so I've started knitting these little hats. The other is my attempt at knitting a cable. It's my first one and is actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.

0212130745a_zps8b13709d.jpg

I love the little headbands and the precious flowers. Also enjoy your choice of colors on everything...very pretty. Love the cable stitching! It is fun to try a new stitch and add it to the "I can do that" list. Youtube has helped me so much with new to me stitches. Thanks for sharing!

Lois

Wow, love everyone's projects!

It's a snowy day here in OK. I had alot of errands to do, but since I was housebound I did a quick crochet project. I'm hosting Garden Club on THursday and my program is Language of Flowers. So I thought I'd made a pansy pin for a door prize. The leaves are wool that I painted, then attached to watercolor paper for stability.

www.cassphoto.com/pansypin.jpg

Glad everyone is keeping busy. atotton I love your wire art. It is amazing. And Marsha I love the hand painted leaves and the crocheted pansy...a Very pretty pin!

Lois

I had been working on a counted cross stitch last Fall but we adopted some crazy cats LOL. So threads are out of the question right now!

I guess I need to post things I've done. I just don't want to be a board piggy since I do so many things
default_blush.png

No pics, as its still in the planning stages, but I'm working on a smaller quilt. I'm trying to stash bust my assortment of horse prints, so a big mix of different horse prints. I'm going to try to make it entirely from fabrics out of my stash, and not buy any fabrics to go in it, so its going to be smaller. [All the fabrics are pretty much just 1/4 yard cuts and fat quarters, so not much of any one fabric to work with. I think I have almost a dozen different prints.]

Robin, You are so funny. You are owned by your kitties! You just have to find hobbies for your cats. so you can find a little space to work on your cross stitch. I admit I am owned by my chihuahua, Roxy, but she has learned to let me do my crafts. She usually lays on her heating pad on the back of the couch and barks at anything that moves outside....I'm convinced that it is her hobby. Or if I am in a different room she sleeps beside me in my chair while I am balancing on the edge.

Chanda, I can't wait to see your horse quilt. It sounds like fun! Do you have a pattern picked out or is is going to be random?

Lois

Chanda, I can't wait to see your horse quilt. It sounds like fun! Do you have a pattern picked out or is is going to be random?

Lois
Not a commercial pattern, but there is a method to the madness, at least in my head, not sure how it will work in practice.

Well this is what I am working on! I call all three of these my "Angry quilts" LOL! Each one of these has made me mad so I put them away and just decided to bring them out to see if I will finish them.

This blue one is and was a pain in the neck! First I had to take it apart 100 times because I messed up on my placement! It seemed like every time I hung it up to look at it I was off here or there. Once I finally got it together how I liked it I must have set it in something! I have 3 spots on it that look like tomato something or other!!! So I wash it gentle, with shout, and take it out of the washer, I have a hole!!! What!! So I fixed it and folded it up and put it way!! LOL!

(spots are still there!!!!!! Won't come out!!)

IMG_0315.jpg

This one my thread was breaking and it took for ever for such a small amount! Then I realized my center square was in wrong!! Easy fix but I was flustered so I put it away! Hehehe!

IMG_0316.jpg

This one is done and out of my hair! I had this awesome idea to make my sister a quilt. Cut everything then we got in a fight! I put it away for 3 years. I decided I'm tired of seeing it and pulled it out to give to her for Christmas. Completely forgot how I had it laid out so I made it up as I went along. I'm glad it's gone!!

119-1.jpg

I have some fabric with peacocks on it that's kinda talking to me right now so I guess we'll see!!! LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
O my gosh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to take things apart. But they turned out lovely!
I really try not to but it happens more often then not!!
default_giveup.gif
LOL! Thanks!! The blue one I have a deep blue boarder to put on than the back, and the red one..... lots more to figure out on that! It need to be way bigger!! LOL!!

I love that pink quilt! I have a THING for peacocks! I hope you share what you do with your peacock project!

HA! Well the space heater & TV & computer is in this one room where we all live. Not sure if you know but Torties are crazy!

Mrs Norris is silly too! Then we have 4 tortie girls and are nuts! At times I have one on each shoulder, one on my chest and one in my arms. I think I need a room to run and hide from them LOL!

I love that pink quilt! I have a THING for peacocks! I hope you share what you do with your peacock project!

HA! Well the space heater & TV & computer is in this one room where we all live. Not sure if you know but Torties are crazy!

Mrs Norris is silly too! Then we have 4 tortie girls and are nuts! At times I have one on each shoulder, one on my chest and one in my arms. I think I need a room to run and hide from them LOL!
You can't hide from them. Even in the Necessary Room, they put their arms under the door, feeling around because they know you're in there somewhere! If they could just snag you...

I have been teaching myself Kumihimo weaving and here are some samples. Now, I am on to paracord, going to make a monkey's fist key ring. Also learning knotting. It helps in keeping me busy, I broke my fibula in September and it isn't healed so I am pretty much stuck on my La Z Boy when I am not at work. Waiting for a bone stimulator to arrive, just got insurance approval. If that doesn't work, surgery. This complication only happens to 5%, and the stim has an 80% success rate so I am hoping like crazy that it works!!!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had four rather large card orders come in the same week so that's what I'm working on. Cards, cards, and more cards so I won't have any time to make any for St. Patricks Day this year and that's ok because even though I'm Irish, those little leprechaun images kinda creep me out and don't sell well anyhow. I'm doing a variety of all kinds of occasions which is so fun.

sfmini Thanks for sharing your photos. I love the very pretty items you have made. I had to look it up to see how it is done. So glad that you have this to pass the time. Hope that this stim works and that you heal fast.

Marty, So glad to hear about your cards. I bet it is fun to see them go from idea to finished card!

Lois (who just got back home and is ready to sew again)

Here's my current project (I think its about 36x36", maybe a little bigger, so far):

Horse quilt 1 - 2013 - in process.jpg

I've run into a small snag in my project. This has just been as I go design, and I'm trying to just use stash. Well, because I didn't plan ahead, I'm short of the brown fabric. I only have two 3" strips left, and I need 4 to go around the perimeter. I can cut them in half and have 4 skinny strips and then add another border of some sort, but I'm not sure if that's best. I really don't want to buy more fabric, and it would be really hard to match the brown, as this fabric is a few years old. Just not sure, but thinking I'll just go with cutting what I have left in half and making a skinny inner border and then adding another border (what fabric, I really don't know). And, I have enough of the horse squares to make another quilt similar to this, but with different sashing/border fabric.

Latest posts

Back