Ranchy Breaded Fish Fillets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
This is a great recipe. We LOVE it. I use Swai that I buy from Wal Mart. I use it because it is larger pieces than Tilapia. Swai has a mild flavor just like Tilapia so you could use either one. I just like the size of the Swai.

3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs

1 (1 ounce) package dry Ranch style dressing mix

2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 pound fish fillets

2 teaspoons butter

Place the bread crumbs in a bowl. In a shallow dish, mix the dressing mix and oil to form a paste. Coat the fish with the paste and then dredge in the bread crumbs to lightly coat.

Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place the fillets in the skillet and cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and easily flaked with a fork.

Note: This last time I didn't follow the directions exactly. I mixed the bread crumbs and the dry dressing in a bowl. I put the oil on a plate and pulled the fish thru the oil, just to coat it. Then I put the fish in the bread crumb/dressing mix in the bowl and coated it well. Cooked it in the skillet as directed. Came out just as good and I didn't have to get the gooey oil all over my fingers. Either way works though.

Latest posts

Back