Started on my latest painting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shari

Reaction score
ell59WIP2Jan2013.jpg

Going back to my Watercolor pencil and ink. This time a Bell-59.. first fighter jet aircraft.
Just adding the first layers of color here, starting on the flag first.

Will take me a few months to complete it.

I really, really like how that is starting out! I can't wait to see it done!

This is going to be beautiful!

Could you share your method of using watercolors pencils? Do you use them staight off the tip then add water afterward, , dip the tip in water to color with or ?

I never had lessons on how to use them, and I have been wetting the tip and using a brush to pick up color so I could control the value, or making a puddle with a wet tip and then using a brush, what do you think?

This is going to be beautiful!

Could you share your method of using watercolors pencils? Do you use them staight off the tip then add water afterward, , dip the tip in water to color with or ?

I never had lessons on how to use them, and I have been wetting the tip and using a brush to pick up color so I could control the value, or making a puddle with a wet tip and then using a brush, what do you think?

Thank you!

It depends on what I am doing and what I am looking for. I will either use a wet brush, and rub the pencil on it,, until I get the amount of color I like, then apply it to paper (What I do for the most part)....

or , depending on the watercolor pencil, shade in the area I want, with the pencil and carefully use a brush with a bit of water on it, to blend it out.

Basically, try a couple of different methods and see which way you like the best. ;O) There is no wrong or right way. VBG

I can't wait to see this one too! Your attention to detail is second to none!

Latest posts

Back